News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 2 is out for Charter Members!

Started by Aaron, October 03, 2009, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Of course I can but damned if I'm going to do that. RC1.2 will be dropped like a hot potato soon. Why bother?

Arantor

I just figured if you already had a RC1.2 version, it might have been easier for users if it's a single package.

As long as mods get updated, though, it's all cool really.

orelanic

Quote from: Shadow82x on October 03, 2009, 06:42:18 PM
Quotedoes anybody know how many mods this new version breaks?
Most mods (and themes) that work on SMF 2.0 RC1, will have to be rewritten for this release. This is a *big release* that introduces an entire new theme with and  markup which would break compatibility.

I suppose that if your worried you can wait a bit longer until the mod get updated before you update smf :)
www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Arantor

I'm going to be reviewing all my mods next week when I'm back home to update for RC2.

Antechinus

Quote from: Arantor on October 04, 2009, 06:33:22 AM
I just figured if you already had a RC1.2 version, it might have been easier for users if it's a single package.

As long as mods get updated, though, it's all cool really.

Yes but I'm a let them eat brioche kind of bastard. As soon as RC2 goes public I'll remove the RC1.2 version of the mod. I'm not into encouraging people to use outdated and buggy software.

Arantor

Sounds good - and indeed, RC2 fixes a number of issues in RC1.2.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Antechinus on October 04, 2009, 06:21:46 AM
The file edits are different because of the different templates but the xml syntax is the same as it always was. I've just updated one of my mods and it works fine on Curve.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1718;id=117967

Enjoy.  ;)

Tried to install on RC2 and get this error message:
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Also, I have changed in the package-info.xml file the for to for="2.0 RC2" and doesn't work as it still gives me this error when uploading it via Admin -> Packages -> Download Package -> Package to Upload.
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, nevermind, I know what happened now.  It's all fine now.  I had selected Advanced and reverted it to RC1.2 and forgot to revert it back to RC2.  All is fine now.  Everything is working as it should.

Thanks anyways.  Feeling a bit dumb now.

Am'

after upgrade, smf 2.rc2 can update the old skin based on core (2rc1.2) ? 
اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

Antechinus

Nao 尚

Quote from: Antechinus on October 04, 2009, 07:26:49 AM
RC2 comes with core installed.
Core-based themes still need to be rewritten. (Remember, I've been through this.... You don't wanna know :o)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Antechinus

AWES0MN

I can not wait!

I've since SMF 2.0 came out showing much interest rc1.2 SMF 2.0 RC2 looking every day, would do well to stay something like 1 week or less eh seen a site that a user created with your script smf 2.0 rc2 and this fantastic very clean theme!.

A greeting from Spain, Cordoba!

By: Google translator.
Entra ya ha Kebytes.eu - Foro de tecnología. Si es bueno, Why not?

http://kebytes.eu/

ameo

Can we see live example of SMF forum that has Curve installed?

Also I wonder will Santa bring us final SMF 2 version this year...
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

Nao 尚

Quote from: ameo on October 04, 2009, 09:07:47 AM
Can we see live example of SMF forum that has Curve installed?

Also I wonder will Santa bring us final SMF 2 version this year...
Hmm I've seen no one else reply this, so I'll do it.

To the team: if you find this post offending, feel free to delete it.

A RC2 dating back a week or two: http://geez.fr/ (registration disabled, no posts allowed, it's a test site I installed for testing purposes only.)
My live site also has Curve installed (not by default, though), I'm reworking it to fit my needs, I'm far from being done (about 10% only) so it's just for the curious minds.
http://noisen.com/
Add ?theme=1 to the URL to switch to Curve, or ?theme=9 to switch back to the default theme.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

ameo

Thanks for demo. I appreciate it.  Though, did anyone notice that when looking posts footer image is apart from rest of the forum? I saw that on 2 different forums so it must be some kind of design glitch.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: ameo on October 04, 2009, 09:57:21 AM
Thanks for demo. I appreciate it.  Though, did anyone notice that when looking posts footer image is apart from rest of the forum? I saw that on 2 different forums so it must be some kind of design glitch.
Yes, I noticed it too!
And, also, the "Info Center" is too near to the above line "No New Posts - Redirect Board"...

Anyway I really, really like Curve!! :D
"
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

MaXiForum.cz

Advertisement: