SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 2 is out for Charter Members!

Started by Aaron, October 03, 2009, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Don't woohoo too much. I just edited my post. Wasn't paying attention and thought he was asking about the public release of RC2.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Arantor on October 04, 2009, 06:31:18 PM
Quote from: Owdy on October 04, 2009, 04:50:06 PM
New feature: "Load Balancing". What that actually do?

Linux/Unix servers track their own load. Using that you can force features to turn off under high server load to keep everything else up. E.g. turning off unread replies and search to keep everything else running.
Lol, makes me think of something: wasn't SMF2 feature frozen already? ;)
Ever since Beta 4 really...
Numerous interesting features have been pushed to 2.1 because of the frozen state. How did that one slip in? :P
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

c23_Mike

Hi there !

This news are wonderful! So all mod writers can update, and test with curve. Things are going on!

Wonderful job done!
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

bloc

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on October 04, 2009, 10:50:36 AM
I think by adding the curve theme, SMF made a very good decision. Sure, the coding is very important and very good! That's why I love SMF from the beginning, but what people see is the default theme. With curve, SMF looks better than all the other forum software out there.
Great job! And I can't wait to upgrade my forum.

Actually, that should be music all of the SMF team ears and certainly to mine lol. :)

There are a LOT of things in SMF2 that are new and exciting, but the design is no doubt what you see first.

Antechinus

And I can remember someone arguing with us that looks weren't all that important. :D

DirtRider

Well for the average member looks are the most important as this is basically all they see in it  :D
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

islam2hamy

Quote from: Antechinus on October 05, 2009, 04:17:11 AM
We're aiming between a week and two weeks if nobody finds any nasty bugs. You can't always predict this sort of thing.

ETA: I mean for RC2 public release, not Final. Final is still a way off.

but how to update mu modes and themes with out know how does RC2 work,
and does my modes work fine on it or not ?!

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Arantor

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 05, 2009, 05:51:41 AM
Numerous interesting features have been pushed to 2.1 because of the frozen state. How did that one slip in? :P
Because code already existed for this a while back, the feature itself has been in since 1.1. All that happened here was a UI was given to it.

Now, if only one were added for disableTemplateEval...

Jamie1200

Norv

Quote from: islam2hamy on October 05, 2009, 06:57:42 AM
Quote from: Antechinus on October 05, 2009, 04:17:11 AM
We're aiming between a week and two weeks if nobody finds any nasty bugs. You can't always predict this sort of thing.

ETA: I mean for RC2 public release, not Final. Final is still a way off.

but how to update mu modes and themes with out know how does RC2 work,
and does my modes work fine on it or not ?!

RC2 will go public as soon as the developers consider it is ready for general public release. Of course everybody will be able to test and update their mods and themes then.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Arantor

In any case, Charter Members do have access to RC2 and thus can try it out.

As RC2 is not yet public you will not be able to mark your mods as RC2 compatible yet (the option is not yet on the mod editing page)

islam2hamy

Quote from: Norv on October 05, 2009, 08:13:27 AM
RC2 will go public as soon as the developers consider it is ready for general public release. Of course everybody will be able to test and update their mods and themes then.

Quote from: Arantor on October 05, 2009, 09:13:31 AM
In any case, Charter Members do have access to RC2 and thus can try it out.

As RC2 is not yet public you will not be able to mark your mods as RC2 compatible yet (the option is not yet on the mod editing page)

ok, so let's wait .

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Akyhne

Waffadrunker

cool, finally :))

So all the mods & themes that will work on this release will probabaly also work for the final release right?
So it's safe to start up site now whit this release after it's public ?

SoLoGHoST

I don't have any copy of RC2 :(

Please Note:  I don't Administrate the server it is on.  Just Administrate the Forum.  The person who bought the server is a Charter Member here at SMF.  Since I am a Mod Developer, that person has installed SMF 2.0 RC2 so that I can test my Mods on.  That's all!  Again, I don't have a copy of SMF 2.0 RC2.

Arantor

Pretty much any mod or theme for RC2 should work on 2.0 final, yes. But many mods and themes will have to be updated first.

SoLoGHoST

That's good to know Arantor.  So we can pretty much begin coding for it now.  However, can't submit to the mod site I suppose until it goes public, or can we??

Akyhne

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on October 05, 2009, 11:54:30 AM
That's good to know Arantor.  So we can pretty much begin coding for it now.  However, can't submit to the mod site I suppose until it goes public, or can we??
Nope, not even team members can do that.

Fustrate

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on October 05, 2009, 11:47:28 AM
I don't have any copy of RC2 :(

Please Note:  I don't Administrate the server it is on.  Just Administrate the Forum.  The person who bought the server is a Charter Member here at SMF.  Since I am a Mod Developer, that person has installed SMF 2.0 RC2 so that I can test my Mods on.  That's all!  Again, I don't have a copy of SMF 2.0 RC2.
That's not really an excuse. It's your forum, not his, and he's only allowed to use it on HIS forums.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

SoLoGHoST

Ok, so if it's HIS/HER forum and HE/SHE decides to make me Admin, does that breach any terms of agreement??  Sorry, if this is the case, I can have HIM/HER get rid of it today.  Let me know, k?  Sorry if this created any problems.

Please note, I don't even have any FTP Access to the files, just Admin status to upload and install packages to test on.

Advertisement: