SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 2 is out for Charter Members!

Started by Aaron, October 03, 2009, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on October 05, 2009, 10:56:07 PM
I have noticed that the new database functions for SMF 2.0.x such as $smcFunc['db_create_table'] and $smcFunc['db_add_column'] both require {db_prefix} be inserted just before the table name.

For Example, this will work for SMF 2.0 RC2:

$smcFunc['db_create_table']('{db_prefix}table_name', $columns_array, $column_indexes, array(), 'ignore');

But this will NOT work for SMF 2.0 RC2 (Although, works fine in SMF 2.0 RC1.2):

$smcFunc['db_create_table']('table_name', $columns_array, $column_indexes, array(), 'ignore');

Well, I'm just wondering if this is a mistake or forgotten line of code when coding for this, or is this going to be the new standard that will need to have {db_prefix} for table names at all times.

I believe that's related to this - http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=2963
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

SoLoGHoST

Ok, thanks for that Bug Report Link.  Says issue has been resolved, so I'm confused... Did they agree to change it without {db_prefix} or did they agree to keep it in there?  Either way is fine with me.  Makes a bit of sense to keep it in there as it would be more consistent.

shadow82x

Quote from: SleePyI give the patch my approval, it covers the points in my post linked above.
We basically always try to replace "{db_prefix}" and assume that otherwise, it already has a prefix in place. Then the list_tables function handles the prefix as needed.
Colin B

Yigal

Quote from: 007007 on October 05, 2009, 01:39:37 PM
Really i don't like design of curve !!!!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Why not?  What's wrong with it?  It's okay if you don't , everyone has different opinions ;) .
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

shadow82x

If you don't like the design of curve. Don't use it. :P The core theme will still be included with installs & upgrades.
Colin B

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Paracelsus on October 05, 2009, 02:11:45 PM
...now let's see if it will be easier to customize also.  ;D

It sure is :D I made two OK themes based on Curve in no time :P

king kratos

Well, I am not a charter member............ yet. I just wonder how long it will take for mod writers to update their mods to work with RC 2? I am waiting to upgrade for most (at least 90%) of my installed mods to be compatible.

I guess it's just a game of "wait-n-see".

Kratos

Antechinus

Quote from: Nas on October 06, 2009, 01:03:14 AM
Quote from: Paracelsus on October 05, 2009, 02:11:45 PM
...now let's see if it will be easier to customize also.  ;D

It sure is :D I made two OK themes based on Curve in no time :P

Huh. Aint gonna be easier for me. I like hacking templates.  :D

Kratos: any mod author with access to RC2 is probably working on their mods already. I've done my two and I know several other people are right into it.

SoLoGHoST

Just 1 of my mods converted over before having RC2 removed :( :(
Guess I'll just wait for the Public Release of it than since I'm not allowed to even test my mods out on it :(

Moif

Hi all,

I was wondering, I'm playing around with RC1 at the moment. Am I able to upgrade from RC1 to 2 or is it a clean install thing now?

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Moif on October 06, 2009, 03:15:58 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering, I'm playing around with RC1 at the moment. Am I able to upgrade from RC1 to 2 or is it a clean install thing now?
Yes, of course you can upgrade :) Just use the upgrade file, upload the files over the existing ones, and run upgrade.php

Antechinus

Moif

Quote from: Tristan Perry on October 06, 2009, 03:18:05 AM
Yes, of course you can upgrade :) Just use the upgrade file, upload the files over the existing ones, and run upgrade.php

Marvellous.

Quote from: Antechinus on October 06, 2009, 03:21:10 AM
But you will have to wait for the public release. :)

Of course :) Although I am considering coughing up the dosh for a charter membership. I've been using SMF for years now and would like to give something back.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Moif on October 06, 2009, 03:25:37 AM
Marvellous.
:)

Quote from: Moif on October 06, 2009, 03:25:37 AM
Of course :) Although I am considering coughing up the dosh for a charter membership. I've been using SMF for years now and would like to give something back.
Even more marvellous ;D

Nao 尚

Quote from: Tristan Perry on October 06, 2009, 03:18:05 AM
Quote from: Moif on October 06, 2009, 03:15:58 AM
Hi all,

Don't forget to uninstall your mods before updating, then reinstall your mods.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Shadow82x on October 05, 2009, 11:59:46 PM
Quote from: SleePyI give the patch my approval, it covers the points in my post linked above.
We basically always try to replace "{db_prefix}" and assume that otherwise, it already has a prefix in place. Then the list_tables function handles the prefix as needed.
Although the changes in this area are not too complicated (even mods with a large number of tables such as SMG took less than 10 minutes to convert), it should be specified that until SMF2 Betas & RC1 are outdated and no longer supported, modders will have to specify 'no_prefix' in their code to remain compatible with them.

PS: oh, double post. Didn't even realize I was on the same topic as earlier ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

searchgr

Is it necessary to uninstall the mods? Thought that the files will be overwritten...

Nao 尚

Well I guess this can be done without, but SMF might frown upon the fact that the database says mods are installed, while they aren't.

To be more specific, up until recently, SMF2 would try to "fix" mods when being upgraded. But this also had the effect of breaking perfectly working forums (with up to date files) that were simply running the upgrade.php script to upgrade the database format (such as, ahem, beta testers). So it wasn't perfect and now it's pretty much up to the user to make sure they're doing things properly.

Moif

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 06, 2009, 04:04:40 AM
Don't forget to uninstall your mods before updating, then reinstall your mods.

Roger roger.

Advertisement: