SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 2 is out for Charter Members!

Started by Aaron, October 03, 2009, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjckE

Quote from: Antechinus on October 12, 2009, 06:12:52 PM
Check the link in my sig. :D You can customise Curve very easily.

i like Prince of Darkness and Chocolate Curvaceous ;)

Jerry

Quote from: Antechinus on October 12, 2009, 06:12:52 PM
Check the link in my sig. :D You can customise Curve very easily.
I like how the curve theme looks so elegant in any color you apply to it (in the right way ofc) and still looks pretty custom :D

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Antechinus

Yes, it's a tribute to the fundamental balance of the original. Those were based on simple filters mass applied to the entire theme (desaturation for PoD, inversion for CC and invert-lightness/keep-colour for BS). I did it that way because Bloc hasn't released full PSD's to the team yet and I just wanted to have some fun without it becoming a major undertaking, and those combinations worked best. Of course I still had to do some custom icons, plus the css for link colours, etc.

Indy74

Is it me or the logo is a fresh new? Seems to me like it wasn't so slick-drop-shadowed 1 hour ago? ;-)

Antechinus

It's a new one. Bloc has been playing with Photoshop. :D

Sverre

Quote from: Arantor on October 12, 2009, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: 007007 on October 12, 2009, 04:10:38 PM
I don't like style of the quote and code

please improve it

How? If you think it can be made better please tell us how you think it could.

After playing around a bit with the quote style in Opera's Developer Tools, I think I'm leaning towards no borders or bottom border only, and in that case, possibly with a slightly softer colour than black...

Arantor

See, that's useful feedback, because you've suggested how you'd improve it. Just saying someone doesn't like it without saying what they'd change isn't actually so helpful.

I can see where you're coming from, though personally I'm not sure I'd change it.

Antechinus

A top and bottom border is good for nested quotes as it gives more definition, but I agree about softening the black slightly. I think #7D808F would be right. It looks good on my local host.

SoLoGHoST

Just wondering, when RC2 gets publicly released, will it still say this when downloading it??
QuoteNote: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC2 on a production site.

Arantor

I suspect it will. It is, after all, a release candidate, not a final release.

Antechinus

It probably will. That's a standard warning for any non-Final builds. I'm going to be running RC2 live myself though, along with a lot of other people. The main drawback is that when upgrading to Final it will not be a simple patch but a full upgrade pack. I can live with that though.

SoLoGHoST

Ohh, OK.  Well, I can see things coming together here at SMF with this new version installed.  However, the BBC Editor and Smileys are missing when posting, in case this was accidentally missed somehow.

Antechinus

They work for me. Are you using the BBC editor or the WYSIWYG editor?

Sverre

Quote from: Antechinus on October 12, 2009, 08:11:27 PM
A top and bottom border is good for nested quotes as it gives more definition, but I agree about softening the black slightly. I think #7D808F would be right. It looks good on my local host.

I will probably choose a colour which accepts shorthand hex notation for my own Curve-based theme, but #7D808F does look pretty good in this colour scheme.

On my monitor, the background colours of nested quotes are different enough to work well without borders, and at least the top border, where the quote header gives additional separation, should be perfectly safe to remove in that regard.

Antechinus

Hmm. Don't like it without the top borders, myself. I can't see that shorthand notation matters either. I'd just pick a colour that looks good.

nilox

Hello all,

Is the Curve theme meant to show this:

Or is it a bug?

I am using Internet Explorer 7, on Windows Vista.

Antechinus

IE7 bug by the look of it. Personally I haven't checked the latest builds on IE7 yet.

Akyhne

What about this vesion. Not that I don't like the current quotes...

Antechinus

Akyhne

Last attempt (but what do I know about graphics).

Note the nice badge! ;)

Advertisement: