News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Facebook Type Chat

Started by caglezxj, October 04, 2009, 12:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel [AF]

I have thought up another method in theory which I'm going to try out ...

Seeing as the cometchat mod that sleepy/nad did requires ultimate profile to work for buddies ...
I figured I could just install the mysql database stuff from the ultimate profile mod and then rewrite the bit on normal profiles where it says add buddy to make it add the info into the columns I added from the ultimate profile mod.

In theory I think it should still work same as if I had ultimate profile mod installed even though I don't.

I have no clue if I'm just spraffing rubbish, but going to give it a go anyway :)

ez. :)

derby

please how and where can i get it?
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

Xarcell

Arantor

It hasn't been written yet as far as I know...

Xarcell

Arantor

Those are CometChat integrations, not what I thought the discussion was about as such.

Marcus Forsberg

Guess that means my work is done here. Then I can focus on bigger projects. :)

Xarcell

I've signed up at the cometchat site, they have an integration board for SMF, but I am unable to view it. I'm not sure if cometchat company has actually made an integration to SMF. I've tried contacting them, but am unable. If you to buy a license in order to contact them in any way.

Currently I am unable to get this on my site. I don't want to buy a license if I do not know for sure it will work. Only 2 sites seem to have it with SMF 2.0, but at the moment they are keeping how they did it to themselves.

http://www.cometchat.com/

Xarcell

Here is an alternative to cometchat and it's free.

I posted an integration topic here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=359795.0

Sentinel [AF]

Quote from: Xarcell on January 08, 2010, 11:10:45 AM
I've signed up at the cometchat site, they have an integration board for SMF, but I am unable to view it. I'm not sure if cometchat company has actually made an integration to SMF. I've tried contacting them, but am unable. If you to buy a license in order to contact them in any way.

Yes it's bloody expensive.
They want around $200 ish for them to integrate it into your site.
You can't view forum boards without a valid customer account.

Currently I am unable to get this on my site. I don't want to buy a license if I do not know for sure it will work. Only 2 sites seem to have it with SMF 2.0, but at the moment they are keeping how they did it to themselves.

I thought you got this working Xarcell !?

As for where you can get it go go to Nad's forum: there's 2 files in download section ...
1 is cometchat made to work with ultimate profile mod so you can IM buddies (need to edit memberName in cometchat-receive.php to member_name for it to work in SMF 2.

Also on his server is an updated cometchat-receive.php file which has been edited for SMF 2 so it lists ALL online members rather than buddies.

Although you need to replace member_name in the file to real_name so it displays current username rather than the one they signed up with.

Safe.

Sentinel [AF]

forgot to add link to Nad's site :P

http://forum.tdrgg.net (registration needed to access download section)

You can see it working on my site by using our guest account ...
find the login details on the 1st page of this thread.

ez.

Xarcell

Quote from: Sentinel [AF] on January 23, 2010, 09:42:04 AM

Lol, old post Sentinel

Yes, i got it working after I made this post. A couple of days after I think.

I like Skysa the most, but the IM chat can't be restricted to the buddy list. So I'll prolly end up sticking with comechat.

As for where you can get it go go to Nad's forum: there's 2 files in download section ...
1 is cometchat made to work with ultimate profile mod so you can IM buddies (need to edit memberName in cometchat-receive.php to member_name for it to work in SMF 2.

Also on his server is an updated cometchat-receive.php file which has been edited for SMF 2 so it lists ALL online members rather than buddies.

Although you need to replace member_name in the file to real_name so it displays current username rather than the one they signed up with.

Safe.

Sentinel [AF]

Aye man Skysa has some really nice features.

It's a real shame they won't release a stand alone version ...

Although I do agree with them that it is easier for us to get updates on the fly with it being hosted via their server in the US.

tbh I quite like what I've done with cometchat.

It doesn't look like the messy cometchat bar now I've messed with the  style.css and js files.
replaced the icons with neater png files, cleaned up some of the messy little mistakes they made ...

although I'm sure the latest version probably has them sorted :)

fals

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

Sentinel [AF]

Quote from: fals on January 24, 2010, 08:50:38 AM
Quote from: Sentinel [AF] on January 24, 2010, 08:36:31 AM

tbh I quite like what I've done with cometchat.

I've figured out why smilies wasn't showing up ...

it was because I didn't add full url to my cometchat folder on my site and had it set like /2b4/cometchat/ rather then the full http://example.com/2b4/cometchat/ ...

Also to fix the little error of status invisible or go offline not working you need to add this to bottom of cometchat.css in /css/cometchat.css

.cometchat_userslist_offline {
display:none;
}

As for temporary fix to avatars not showing up do a search in cometchat.js and remove anything to do with avatars.

Sorted :)

Gustavo Woltmann

Hey there! :) I would like to thank you for this thread. I used it to get a cometchat but not sure why I always had problems with it. I then decided that it is time to quit and I started unitilizing RumbleTalk which seems great. I am using it on my webpage and blog at the same time as it is synchronizing really nicely. For me it is the best Group chat out there. They even offer a FREE 7 days trial now.

Why I started using Rumbletalk?

1. I am able to post youtube videos, charts, pictures and it all looks nice
2. I am able to manage my own design just as much as I would like
3. I have the ability to export the chat logs(increase SEO with this)
4. I can use it on my blog, webpage and facebook page at the same time and it is synchronizing really well
5. Works really well on phones
6. It is html5 based and it is not a resourse hog
7. Nice support(got help when I needed it)

Gustavo Woltmann

Quote from: Sentinel [AF] on January 23, 2010, 09:42:04 AM
I've signed up at the cometchat site, hxxp:www.rumbletalk.com/blog/index.php/2016/01/05/radio-player-chat/ [nonactive] they have an integration board for SMF, but I am unable to view it. I'm not sure if cometchat company has actually made an integration to SMF. I've tried contacting them, but am unable. If you to buy a license in order to contact them in any way.

Safe.

quite expensive.. It is a one time deal?

Gustavo Woltmann

Exactly, that is why I am using Rumbletalk. :)

Advertisement: