News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't choose themes

Started by swtdivalove, October 07, 2009, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swtdivalove

For some reason, even if I put a checkmark in the box for allowing users to use their own theme, it doesn't work.  And, even if I select the themes to allow them to use it doesn't save that information either.

Not only that, in the drop-down for the themes it only shows the base themes.  SMF Default, SMF Core, YABB and Babylon.

swtdivalove

As you can see with the 2 attachments, DarkBreak is not selectable even though I put a checkmark in the box telling it to be selectable.

And, I've only got 1 theme showing in the first.

Lastly, I don't have any member options other than the SMF Default.

swtdivalove

I just can't seem to find where and what is causing this.  I've dug through some of the admin templates now and have even dug into the DB also.  It's just not working no matter what I am doing to get it to work.

swtdivalove

I can set the overall theme via the DB, but still unable to set it through the ACP.

Tyrsson

What version of smf are you using?

Is there an entry for theme id=32 in the db?

Have you had 32 themes installed?

Link to your site and a temp login if the site is set to not allow guest :)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

swtdivalove

Unfortunately, I cannot give access to the site without someone signing an NDA Agreement and being on the team.

But, no... There is no id=32 in the DB.

Tyrsson

Do you have any errors in the error log?

If so please post them.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

swtdivalove

I have no errors at all in the error log regarding this issue.

swtdivalove

I'm wondering if it is due to a file permission issue?

swtdivalove

I've been spending hours on this with no luck at all.  Checked file permissions, check the DB, checked the admin template, and there are absolutely NO errors, so now I'm at a complete loss as to why this is happening.

swtdivalove

Could it be an issue with Theme.php?

swtdivalove

Still no help at all... I've thought of everything imaginable and still no luck on this one!

Arantor

Have you had a user called krisbarteo attempt to sign up? (Long shot, I know, but worth asking)

swtdivalove

No... This particular site that I'm working on is entirely locked down and the only way to get to it is by me giving access to it.

Arantor

Really, really daft question but have you ticked the box, then saved it befor trying the dropdowns?

Just to actually cover all the bases.

swtdivalove

Yes, and tried other ways as well.

So far, I've had to manually set everything in the DB for it to even change the overall forum defaults.  I also had to add another theme to the "knownthemes" in the database to add another theme to be allowed.

Arantor

What mods do you have installed?

swtdivalove

EmailValidator    1.0
JPG Thumbnails    2.0    
Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.101    
Users Online Today    1.5.4
Highslide Image Viewer    1.5
SimplePortal    2.3
Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?    2.3
SMF Media Gallery    2.0 beta 4
SMF Project Tools    0.3003
Downloads System    1.2.6

swtdivalove

I think I've possibly gotten it narrowed down.  The "knownthemes" is not getting updated in the DB.

Arantor

Advertisement: