IPB 3.0X to SMF 1.1.x or SMF 2

Started by Sefket, June 27, 2010, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sefket

Is there any conversations to this? I currently have IPB Board and really want to convert.

cicka

Quote from: Sefket on June 27, 2010, 11:54:22 AM
Is there any conversations to this? I currently have IPB Board and really want to convert.

At the sticky threads on this boards are listed the Ipb converters. I didn''t see one for Ipb 3.0 but you can see the progress made for it here though.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/converter_request.php

In my opinion Smf 2.0.rc3 is much better than smf 1.1.11. But you can test them both and decide for yourself. That is what I did too when in doubt as to what version to use for my site.

Sefket

I don't care which version I get actually, I just want to convert.

I saw another thread, it appears it's been on 40% for a while now, so hopefully its done.

Marco 7

Hi !

I am new to SMF but would actually like to convert my forum to it. It is installed with IPB 3.0.5 which is a total disaster. Feel free to contact me, I would be able to provide you with a backup of the IPB DB.

Thx !

Marco 7

Any news ? I would be happy to help there :)

Norv

Sorry for the delay on this.
Indeed I would appreciate a (full, if possible) backup of IPB 3.0.x.
I'm sorry, however, I have no timeframe for the 3.0 converter, I hope the total mess in my schedule will start clearing up then I'll be able to say something.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Marco 7

No problem, I will prepare it and will put it on an SSH site for you.

Tell me how I would be able to help, I am facing (again) some troubles with IPB and cannot understand the way it works.

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: