News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Login Security

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 14, 2009, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Ok so i guess it is already enabled so if they are locked out they have an option to login.

Set secure login expire time to 60 minutes
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

faeriedust

JReacher

Hey vbgamer45

this looks like a great Mod to help with security and would like very much to use it, however when I click Apply Mod, I see the following error. SMF 1.1.11

Please can you advise on how to proceed, thank you

J

5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Profile.php     Test failed

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

vbgamer45

Install it then make that one change manually probably another conflict a mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JReacher

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 31, 2010, 08:18:43 PM
Install it then make that one change manually probably another conflict a mod.

Got it, thank you for your help

J

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KT

Hi great mod
Question I have
like does this block peeps trying to register multiple accs on forum from there IP addy ?

If not is there a mod that blocks peeps trying to register a second acc on forum from their IP addy

cheers

KT

vbgamer45

No does not block multiple registration from same ip.
SMF has some built in checks to stop from the same session.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

faintingspells

Hi, I'm getting a blank white screen when I install this, in the Features & Options page.

Running SMF 1.1.11

Apparently it conflicts with Custom BBC mod found here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=621

The reason I found out, is I removed certain lines from that were added from custom bbc, in modsettings.php:

$subActions = array(
'basic' => 'ModifyBasicSettings',
'layout' => 'ModifyLayoutSettings',
'loginsecurity' => 'ModifyLoginSecuritySettings',
'karma' => 'ModifyKarmaSettings',
'custombbc' => 'ModifyCustomBBCodeSettings',
);

specifically:

'custombbc' => 'ModifyCustomBBCodeSettings',

and then suddenly the white screen goes away.

Anyone been able to successfully install this login security with this other mod applied as well?

Any halp? :(

Ihmeliö

For some reason, our users get sent a blank email whenever they (or someone else) log in but mistype the password. For this reason, we'd like to uninstall the mod. However, we get the following when running the uninstall test:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Uninstall Actions "Login Security"

1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
   2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   3.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed
   4.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   5.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   6.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   7.   Replace   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test successful
   3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test successful
   4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful
   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php   Test successful
   6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
7.   Delete File   ./Sources/Subs-LoginSecurity2.php   
8.   Execute Code   UnInstall.php   

Currently installed mods:

1.   Join Reason    1.3   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Login Security    1.0.2.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Online status on login    1.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Downloads System    1.3.4   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Resize Attached Images    2.1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Aeva Media    1.3a   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Bookmarks    2.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Karma Description Mod    2.6.8     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Captcha on Reminder    1.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   jQLightbox    0.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   Copy Topics    1.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   PM Attachments    1.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   EmailValidator    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   ENotify    1.06     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   Hide Topics from Guests    1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   SMF Articles    1.2.2.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.   Tagging System    2.2.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.   Favicon    1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   eNinja - Admin Notes    0.9.2   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

vbgamer45

You need to uninstall mods in the order they were installed so whatever was installed after this mod that affected those files would cause the mod uninstall issues

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ihmeliö

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 30, 2010, 10:43:23 AM
You need to uninstall mods in the order they were installed so whatever was installed after this mod that affected those files would cause the mod uninstall issues
Ok, have to check out. Thanks!

JulesW

I hate to bring this back up, but when people don't fill in their password (or a wrong pw), when saving settings in their account related settings, I get an undefined index error in the log. Specifically:
Quote8: Undefined index: allowedips
File: /Themes/default/Profile.template.php (account sub template - eval?)
Line: 1527

SMF 1.1.11 and version 1.0.2.2 installed

Also sometimes get this error:
Quote8: Undefined index: allowedips
File: /Sources/Profile.php
Line: 726

but I've been unable to recreate that one thus far. Upgraded to 1.0.2.2 today, so I dont know if that one is still there now. The first one is though...
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

Scoobymaniac

I am having the same problem as below:

Quote from: Sinistercat on March 22, 2010, 08:37:58 PM
This is a fantastic addon, however I seem to be having a slight issue with it on my 1.1.11 install where the emails arent being sent at all on login failures. I tested this a few times, intentionally logged in to my account with the wrong password 2 times (threshold is set to 3) and no emails came through or even generated (checked the local mail server log). Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

*EDIT*

Apparently the emails go through sometimes, but it doesnt seem to be consistent. Got 2 emails for a total of 3 failed attempts and no secure hash link in any of them.

The e-mail notifications are not consistent, sometimes I get one after 2 failed attempts sometimes still nothing after 3 failed attempts.

SMF 1.1.11 and now 1.1.12

Any help appreciated :)

**Edit** I just got 2 emails after 5 failed login attempts, threshold set at 3. Account still not locked, allowed me to login on 6th attempt with correct password

PLAYBOY

Security is everything!
Your mods are the best ever!
Thank you :)

PLAYBOY

"Email alerts on failed login attempts plus using the failed login attempt ip address finds any members on the forum using that ip address and lets the account owner know who it could be."

Is there a way you can add this feature when a person tries to reset the password by forgot password option?
Right now it send an email with the persons ip adress only. But it would be very nice to know which member could have been that tried to reset our password.

vbgamer45

That's a good feature request will keep it in mind for future updates

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xIsabel38

Hello,

I am using this mod now because an idiot is attempting to hack into everyone's account. The mod works great and is absolutely well done. However we are having one issue. One of our Membergroups cannot see the IP Protection ability. I'm talking about the actual field to input the IP address. All of the other membergroups can however.

Is there a permission I am missing somewhere? I have checked the "Allow users to protect their account by ip address" checkbox and looked over each user group permissions. I am unsure why it works for all except one.

Thanks,
Isabel

vbgamer45

There is not any membergroup level settings it should appear for all groups

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xIsabel38

That is what I thought, but it does not appear for one specific group.

I can set you up with a test account if you'd like.

Advertisement: