News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

1.1.10 to 2.0?

Started by Gixxer, October 15, 2009, 12:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gixxer

Well,as the yahoo archive showed I said no. And received an email that my domain was locked due to suspicious activity.  (and what ever else the email said..I'm marking this solved it's like a tennis match back n forth.

Douglas

H.R., you're not earning any points here.  The best thing that you can do is just not respond to this thread anymore.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Gixxer

Quote from: Douglas on October 17, 2009, 11:43:25 PM
H.R., you're not earning any points here.  The best thing that you can do is just not respond to this thread anymore.
pm sent. I will say he apologized. Doug pm sent. (2)

JBlaze

Gixxer, I'm truly sorry to see this happened to you. My fault for not following up on my previous posts.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Douglas

Not only is Gixxer's forum back, but it is now upgraded to the latest public SMF 2.x branch, as requested.

Hell Raiser, you royally did a number on his forum.  If I ever catch you touching anyone else's forum without having VERIFIABLE POSITIVE VETERAN experience (at least two years) under your belt, there will be hell to pay.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Gixxer

Thanks again Douglas.....woohoo it's running in 2.0. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sorry to see the trouble you got in to, but very happy to see Douglas got things running OK for you again :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Congratz Gixxer on your forum being back on. Good luck! :)

Gixxer

thanks now i finally have 2.0 I can't find the mods to let users changer their profile or add # Hello
# Show unread posts since last visit.
# Show new replies to your posts.

to the top. I'm tired and searched numerous times  (2.0rc1.2)

JBlaze

Quote from: Gixxer on October 18, 2009, 04:27:15 AM
thanks now i finally have 2.0 I can't find the mods to let users changer their profile or add # Hello

to the top. I'm tired and searched numerous times  (2.0rc1.2)

Since you upgraded from 1.1.x to 2.0, have you tried changing to the default theme?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Gixxer

yes neither mod happened.

Arantor

That's been a core feature since 1.1 AFAIK.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's theme specific, and I think all the bundled themes should have them by default.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Gixxer

using default core and no post since last view tab,or tab at bottom to change theme.

Arantor

Do you mean you want the recent posts in a separate tab instead of the links in the top area (for which the top area has to be expanded)?

As for the theme changer, not sure about that. A mod may have been created for it.

Gixxer

On this forum top left I have these:

On my forum I do not.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, if youa are talking about http://northfloridasportbikes.com/forum/
I just registered there, and I can see

You have 1 posts 0 new
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Just like it's supposed to be there. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Gixxer

That's weird my gf's comp isn't showing it neither is mine up at the top last topics/post since login.

Arantor

Please can you supply a screenshot?

Gixxer

I tried your first step, clicked maintain constant connection. I saw this in red. "
SMF has not been able to detect a compatible accelerator on your server." I'll try this for awhile...Iemptied cache....see if it solves it.

Advertisement: