News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Google Analytics Code

Started by SMF Customization Team, October 15, 2009, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rippler

Gr8 mod!

but does not work on my theme. Pls help.

Thanks  :D

Arantor

You need to tell me what version of SMF and what theme.

Rippler

SMF 2 RC 2

Noize Theme (pls dont say you dont support premium theme :P)

DoctorMalboro

Excelent mod, I love it  ;D

spanish translation

$helptxt['googleAnalyticsCode'] = 'Aquí va tu có de Google Analytics, ej. UA-00000000-0 excatamente como Google te lo dio, pegalo, y el analytic empezara a funcionar en tu foro.';

thanks!!!

Arantor

Quote from: Rippler on December 08, 2009, 03:36:31 PM
Noize Theme (pls dont say you dont support premium theme :P)

How can I support a theme whose code I can't see and that you're not allowed to redistribute?

Did you use the option in the package manager to 'install to other themes' when installing the mod?

DrHouse: Thanks - I'll get that into the next version, though if I remember rightly there's a second string that needs translation too, in $txt.

CrazyVag

Quote from: Arantor on December 08, 2009, 03:58:34 PM

How can I support a theme whose code I can't see and that you're not allowed to redistribute?

Did you use the option in the package manager to 'install to other themes' when installing the mod?

I am not using any of the defaults themes too! What can I do? I didn't notice any prompt for installation to non-default themes. Please, take a look at the attached picture. Is there any wrong with it? What can i do? (i.e. I am using SMF 1.1.11 with TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4).

Kind regards,
CrazyVag.

sAce

Quote from: CrazyVag on December 17, 2009, 01:35:00 PM

I am not using any of the defaults themes too! What can I do? I didn't notice any prompt for installation to non-default themes. Please, take a look at the attached picture. Is there any wrong with it? What can i do? (i.e. I am using SMF 1.1.11 with TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4).

Kind regards,
CrazyVag.

SMF 2.0 allows installation of mods on other themes as well but this feature is not available in 1x or 1.1x series

you will simply have install the mod manually on your theme.

CrazyVag

Thanks! Please, one last question. Assuming that I don't care about the new field of the "Feauteres and Options" page, what is the simplest way to insert the Goggle Analytics Code in every page of my forum? (obviously, this must be done for every theme separately but that's not a problem).

Arantor

Quote from: CrazyVag on December 17, 2009, 03:07:54 PM
Thanks! Please, one last question. Assuming that I don't care about the new field of the "Feauteres and Options" page, what is the simplest way to insert the Goggle Analytics Code in every page of my forum? (obviously, this must be done for every theme separately but that's not a problem).

Add the bulk of the code to index.template.php, substituting your GA user ident instead of the $modSettings variable.

Reason I did it the way I did is to make it so that you can follow the manual install instructions and still get the right answer for virtually every theme.

supahben

When I uninstall it the settings still remain on the admin page

Arantor

Then it wasn't uninstalled properly.

Did you 'delete' or 'uninstall' it?

supahben

Quote from: The Grinch on December 20, 2009, 05:03:01 AM
Then it wasn't uninstalled properly.

Did you 'delete' or 'uninstall' it?
I used uninstall.. anyway, the problem's fixed.. it's an issue with the permissions and sources

Arantor

Ah, I see. As long as it's sorted, that's the main thing.

wakewatcher

This is great.  Any Support for Google's 'new' "Asynchronous Tracking" as described HERE.
smf 2.0.18

Arantor

None planned to be honest. Would be a rewrite of the mod - this was done as a quick change.

In any case I no longer have the ability to update the mod.

TheListener

Have not long installed the mod onto my forum.

However on the bottom of every page it says:

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}

Is this text supposed to be there?

Edit: Problem solved I put all the text in the box rather than the code on it's own.

Arantor

Then you didn't install it right in the first place.

TheListener

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
Then you didn't install it right in the first place.

The problem wasn't the install it was this daft sod misreading how to set up the code.

JD82

Hi, the plugin will be updated shortly to version RC3?

I just updated the forum :)

Arantor

Well, that assumes the Cust Team will update it. I wrote it but no longer have the power to update it. You'll have to ask the Cust. Team I'm afraid.

Advertisement: