News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bug? Stickies

Started by bryan_49ers, April 26, 2005, 12:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryan_49ers

That's pretty drastic no?

dtm.exe

Quote from: bryan_49ers on April 28, 2005, 11:15:35 PM
That's pretty drastic no?

Not really.  Back up all of the files that you've made changes to and upload folders such as Avatars and Attachments.

-Dan The Man

bryan_49ers

Won't I have to go through re-creating all my boards, permissions etc, etc.

dtm.exe

Quote from: bryan_49ers on April 29, 2005, 11:35:16 PM
Won't I have to go through re-creating all my boards, permissions etc, etc.

Nope.  All of that information should be safely stored within your mySQL database.

-Dan The Man

[Unknown]

I've looked again and I can't see anything that would, by default, witht the latest version of the default theme, and no modifications... cause this.

I thought I saw one thing, but the only *possible* cause for that would be if they hit preview, and still that shouldn't cause it.

-[Unknown]

TempusFugit

Preview shouldn't be the reason, since it's always checked in these topics. I've also checked the permissions (in my board there is a 'moderating team' group that has the permission to make topics sticky in every board) and everything seems fine.

By the way, I use 1-1 Beta...

bryan_49ers

Is there any difference between the sticky control when originally posting, or using the quick mod feature to make a topic sticky?

bryan_49ers

I still have this issue... it's a real pain, and I can't install the new SMF because the search function does not work on my server :(

jdougher

Quote from: TempusFugit on April 28, 2005, 05:12:53 PM
I experience the same problem... When a moderator replies to a sticky topic, sometimes it gets un-sticky.

We're having the same problem at photocamel...

bryan_49ers

Interestingly since upgarding to 1.1+ this issue has ended for me.

Advertisement: