News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Board Smilies

Started by Akyhne, July 13, 2010, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyhne

Link to Mod

Custom Board Smilies 1.0
By Akyhne

Compatibility

For SMF 2.0.x (will probably work with RC2 and earlier, but it's not tested)

Introduction

This modification gives you the possability to use a custom smiley set for a specific board.
If you have different themes installed for specific boards in your forum with light or dark backgrounds, you might be in the situation where you want to use a custom smiley set for those specific boards.
Or maybe you just want to use a custom smiley set for a specific board?
Maybe you have a "fun stuff" board where you also want to use a custom fun smiley set? This is the mod for you.
Note that the mod overrides any user setting as well as any forum setting for the board(s) where you select a custom smiley set!

Features

o Enables you to choose a custom smiley set for a specific board.
o Overrides the users selected smiley set!
o The mod doesn't require changes to custom themes :)

Installation

Simply install the package to get the mod to work. Remember to uninstall previous versions if any!

Unistallation

Just uninstall the mod as usual from the package center.

Where to change settings for the mod

This mod will only work in boards where you enabled the option. Just go to the board section via the admin panel , and make your choice of smiley set from the "Custom Board Smilies" menu item.

Supported languages

English
English British
Danish
Russian
Turkish

Changelog

0.1 24th June 2010
+ First beta

0.2 26th June 2010
! Corrected an error that made custom themes not show to all users

0.3 16th July 2010
+ Added Turkish (thx to grafitus)
+ Added Russian (thx to Bungo)
+ Added Danish (thx to.. me)

0.4 16th July 2010
! Arghh.. spiders are making troubles. Fixed a problem when a topic is hidden to a user or a spider.

0.5 18th July 2010
+ The mod now shows a smiley from the current selected set when modifying the board smiley set

0.6 2nd November 2010
+ Added SMF2 RC4 support

0.6.1 24th February 2011
+ Added SMF2 RC5 support

0.7 14th June 2011
+ Added SMF2 support
+ Added "No smilies" selection - you can now choose not to use smilies for a specific board (Requested by Chas Large)

1.0 10th June 2012
! Out of beta
! Checked for SMF 2.0.2 functionality (no changes)

grafitus

Good mod Akyhne, congratulations! And, Turkish translation is below ( :)):
$txt['mboards_board_smileyset'] = 'Bölüm Gülümseme Seti';
$txt['mboards_board_smileyset_desc'] = 'Bölümde kullanılacak gülümseme setini ayarlamanızı sağlar.';

Akyhne

Thanks, grafitus. Will be added in the next update.

Bugo

Akyhne

Thx for the Russian, Bugo. There were a few errors in the files, but thx anyway.

Bugo

Yes, I forgot to change the file names to ManageBoards.russian...

Akyhne

0.3 released. Just added Danish, Russian and Turkish.

Akyhne

0.4 released!
If a spider or a user had access to a board and the access is now denied or the topic has been deleted, this would cause errors in the log. Rare cases, but it's solved.

Akyhne

New release:
0.5 18th July 2010
+ The mod now shows a smiley from the current selected set when modifying the board smiley set.

This is the only change, so no reason to upgrade from 0.4 if you don't want to.

Chas Large

Excellent mod thanks.

Any chance of adding "No Smileys" to the list like in the list on members Profile > Look and Layout or an option to dsiable smileys on a board. Basically I want a board that does not allow smileys.

Cheers
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Akyhne

Can't remember how the mod is programmed, but sounds like it should be possible.

Chas Large

Quote from: Akyhne on April 27, 2011, 05:31:16 PM
Can't remember how the mod is programmed, but sounds like it should be possible.
That would be cool, thanks.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Akyhne

Chas Large

Quote from: Akyhne on June 14, 2011, 08:55:36 AM
Try the attached file, Chas.
That seems to do the trick, many thanks :)

Advertisement: