News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Topic Start Date on Message Index

Started by GL700Wing, September 19, 2023, 03:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

@GL700Wing should be able to edit your post after she's downloaded the attachment and remove it. Any staff member can do it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

Hey @GL700Wing - would it be relatively easy to not have the date/time show unless the topics are sorted by date?

Just curious.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Steve on November 10, 2023, 06:53:54 PMHey @GL700Wing - would it be relatively easy to not have the date/time show unless the topics are sorted by date?

Just curious.
Hey @Steve - Yep!  New version on the way with option to hide start date/time unless sorting topics by start date ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Steve

GL700Wing

Version 1.2 - 14-Nov-23
o Added option to hide the time when the 'Shorthand Date Display' option is enabled (ie, when 'Today' and/or 'Yesterday' are shown).
o As per Steve's request added option to hide start date/time unless sorting topics by date/time.
o Added support for an alternate text string to use instead of $txt['date']
   (Note: Alternate text string name is $txt['tsdomi_date'] and it's in the Modifications language file).
o SMF 2.0: Fixed bug reported by FragaCampos that occurred when sorting by date and changing pages in boards with multiple topic pages.

You cannot view this attachment.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Steve

Steve

@GL700Wing - I spoke too soon. Each time I access a board and each time I sort by date I get errors:

Type of error
Undefined_vars
Error message
2: Undefined array key "sort"
File
/home/steve/public_html/forums/Themes/GreyedOut/MessageIndex.template.php
Line

Backtrace:

#0: smf_error_handler()
Called from /home/steve/public_html/forums/Themes/GreyedOut/MessageIndex.template.php on line 245
#1: template_main()
Called from /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2783
#2: loadSubTemplate()
Called from /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 4186
#3: obExit()
Called from /home/steve/public_html/forums/index.php on line 187

Same errors if I'm on Curve 2.

The error does not occur if I uncheck the 'Hide start date/time unless sorting topics by date/time.' box.

GL700Wing

Version 1.3 - 15-Nov-23
o Fixed bug reported by Steve that occurred when the 'Hide start date/time unless sorting topics by date/time.'  option is enabled, a board was viewed for the first time and the first sort done was by topic start date.

Slava
Ukraini!

Steve

Thanks GL. Works a treat now.

FragaCampos

Thanks a million, GL700Wing!
With these bug fixes, it's working flawlessly.  8)

Advertisement: