News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4)

Started by Kays, October 17, 2009, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: Norv on December 01, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
IMHO, I would not expect mod authors to have their mods tested on any outdated version of SMF, that would be a lot of work for no real benefit. Sorry.

Just to confirm, we (Cust team) do not test on older versions without very strong reason; this mod was tested on 1.1.10 and no issues were found at the time we approved it.

Gargoyle

Thanks for the thumb script.... LOL I had like 30K worth

jeffrey scott

Hi Kays,

Thanks again for a great mod, I am just going to uninstall version 1 and run the remove thumbs file.

I have done this on my test forum and all good, but on my main forum as I go to run the uninstall of the mod it fails on the ./Sources/Display.php file.

I don't know why? I have the advertising package, resize mod and watermark mods installed and am currently using smf V 1.1.11

Would you suggest I do a manual deinstall? and how would I do that?

Thanks

Jeff

Kays

Hi, you will need to do a manual uninstall then.

Unfortunately, I've been deleting older packages so you can't parse it to see the changes. Backup Display.php first and then uninstall the mod. This will make all of the changes to display.php except for where the error is. Now open install_11.xml and look for the changes in Display.php and verify that they were made. If the change wasn't made., do so.

This miight help except that the changes are in reverse.

Manual Installation of Mods

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

lala1

Quote from: lala1 on November 15, 2009, 01:57:30 PM
All the thumbnails on that forum are jpg for a long time now. Still, when accessing a thread with multiple images attachments IF this mod is active, it takes the browser about 2 minutes to display the page. Upon refreshing the same page, same thing occurs. But if I disable this mod, things speed up considerably (less than 30 seconds).

Solved, the height of the posted images was set to 0 in the admin panel. For some reason, because of this the access time was prolonged.

Now it's set at a above zero value and your script works wonders! Thank you! :)

Kays

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

I've got to check it out to see why that is happening.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

yol

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your work Kays. When I install this mod, all gif animations converted to jpg file. So animations wasnt work, frozen :) I deleted the lines on Subs-Graphics.php and everything work well. I think gif formats must not converting to jpg format.

Best regards,
Sedat

case IMAGETYPE_GIF:
$image = imagecreatefromgif($file);
break;
Istanbul is Istanbul ;-)

Kays

It was done like that intentionally.

The idea behind this mod was to save server space. The file size of a .gif file is pretty large to start with. Animated .gifs are much larger. So if you do not wish to convert .gifs, then what you did is probably the best way to do it.

My Mods

Croco

I tried the mod and somehow the images on the page were deleted.

Any idea about what went wrong?

SMF2.0 RC2 + highslide mod

the size of images was updated. But the full sized image after resize are gone. It seems it deleted it updated the information and didn't create the new resized images.
I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

Croco

action=dlattach;topic=22924.0;attach=25237

There is this file

25237_The_Mother_LoloMrs_Juli_JPG5e05d5ff28a9a85777b1678110e6de53

It seems the file still exist but the new action=dlattach;topic=22924.0;attach=25237 is pointing to file that doesn't exist.

What should be the result file after resize?
I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

Kays

There does seem to be a problem with the mod if the file names were previously encrypted. I'm looking into it and hope to have a solution soon..

My Mods

Goad

this mod just corrupted all my attachments on my site.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Kays

Can you please be more specific and state what happened.

My Mods

Goad

all my images are 404'd now. the thumbnails are there, but when you click on them, the enlarged image is 404'd (missing)

and attached is what one of them look like if i rename it to a .jpg

Arantor

Did you move them with FileZilla?

Goad

i recently moved servers, but i tar'd the site and moved it via filezilla, then extracted it.

so in short, no. but the file i just attached was downloaded via filezilla.....why?

Kays

Set the transfer type to binary, re-download it and check again.

There is a problem currently with old encrypted file names like yours when the file extension is uppercase. I am looking into that.

My Mods

Goad

ok, tried the 'binary' download. that worked.

so what can i do to get my broken attachments working again? or is everything hosed?

I have just under 10,000 attachments :(

Kays

Your attachments should be fine then.

Were the attachments working correctly after the move and before you applied the mod?

My Mods

Goad

Quote from: Kays on February 23, 2010, 12:38:31 PM
Your attachments should be fine then.

Were the attachments working correctly after the move and before you applied the mod?

I upgraded to 1.1.11 then shortly after I installed this mod. A few weeks later I moved to the new server and now (a few more weeks later) I am noticing all my attachments that were there previous to installing the mod are 404'd.

The old site is still there and the same images are 404'd on the old site as well as the new site.

I did notice that if there are no capital letters in the image name, it is fine. I saw you mentioned something about that.

Advertisement: