Service Temporarily Unavailable

Started by City Builder, October 18, 2009, 12:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

Hi,
When I try to login to my site I get a message like this (I am running SMF 1.1.10):
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

When I attempt to login, the url in my Internet Explorer browser address bar looks like thisL
mydomain.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=s6f6saevns5avcr73j8d0njle2

If I remove the ?PHPSESSID=s6f6saevns5avcr73j8d0njle2
then the main sites index page loads up like it should.

Could somebody please tell me why this is happening, It started happening a couple weeks ago for me (but I am almost always logged in so it may have been a problem even longer before that) and I can't recall changing anything in the forums setup.

Thanks,

Kill Em All

Strange, anything showing up in your error log? Can we get a link please so we can try it?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

City Builder

Error logs are turned off since they fill up with all kinds of stuff most related to the tinyportal I believe and since the forum otherwise runs fine I simply turn off the error log retention.

Site is located at www.citybuildergames.com

If anybody tries it, register on site, login, then logout, then login again, you should then see the Server error message.

Kill Em All

Can you please create us a temp. forum account.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kill Em All

I tried the login logout on your site about 3 times each using FF and IE, both work fine for me, are other users experiencing this problem? Sounds like a user's config problem.

saaam

May be from your server side you may be contact to your host about this problem.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi City Builder, is this still an issue?

I don't think the error you posted in your first message is from SMF at all.
Have you considered asking your host about it?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

City Builder

Well, considering that I can reliably reproduce this error message simply by logging out of my account, and logging into a regular members account or log out of that members account and log back into my own it seems odd that it would only produce this error when that phpsess thing is part of the url.  As I said, if I remove everything that passes behind the index.php in the url then this error message never comes up ever, Ever.

Now Imnot discounting that it could come from the server, but that it would only appear when trying to login to the forums after logging out seems a bit suspicious.  Since I have no way to go through all of the files that belong to the forum to try to find if that message can be generated from the forum software, I guess anything is certainly possible.

I'm certainly not trying to post blame on the smf software, just trying to figure it out to make it stop.  For all I know it could be a mod applied that causes this too.

Kill Em All

Create a clean SMF installation on a second database and try it on your server.

Advertisement: