News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Customization Approval Guidelines

Started by shadow82x, October 18, 2009, 03:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

Mod and Theme approval Guidelines have been merged into one "Customization Approval Guidelines" which can be found here.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

bullbreedluverz

sounds good to me and cant see anything id have any negativity over having to follow

Crip

Sounds logical to me , I'm sure if I do submit a Theme it will have already been tested by me for all required "stuff" mentioned above before I ever submit it.

5 years of SMF theme`ing & I'm still learning..Lol..
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Nolt

Marcus Forsberg

Depends on the size of the theme and how many themes are before yours in the queue. If 2 weeks pass, then feel free to send a PM to the customization team about it.

PSPguru

Quote from: Crip on November 12, 2009, 08:31:44 AM
Sounds logical to me , I'm sure if I do submit a Theme it will have already been tested by me for all required "stuff" mentioned above before I ever submit it.

5 years of SMF theme`ing & I'm still learning..Lol..
I liked your comment "5 years of SMF theme`ing & I'm still learning..Lol.."
true but You can always give and take :).

Nice theme

flapjack

Quote- Use of SMF Artwork
Naturally, you are allowed to freely use images that are included in the SMF package and cross one themes images into another. Images that are used exclusively in 2.0 and are taken back to 1.1 can be used, but they do need to actually be used in the templates. This also applies to any images in your theme -  they all must be used, or should not be in the package.

As a note: If you are planning on using SMF images in other software packages, this must be approved by Simple Machines LLC first.

what about the template files themselves? is one allowed to sell modified design (assuming one will provide all other artwork such as images and icons, etc)?
I am not asking about customizing a theme for somebody, but actually selling a theme that base on one of default themes (CODE ONLY)?

Deaks

that is where the flaw is in license and this is one reason we the friends asked for new license, technically your not allowed to, but in all hinesty you can, an exception is made on theme (otherwise Bloc etc be sued)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SlammedDime

Added section on including a modified Settings.template.php file.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

by designer

Sort criteria should be the theme. A-Z sick and poor layout themes, I think. I hope I could tell.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

by designer

Themes in the theme category is in alphabetical order. Albeit a different sort options?

samples;

Most weekly downloads
Most Discussed
Most rated

Is this be done?

Theme in my head (!) <I do not want to put, or (')

Sorry for my english

Deaks

ahh you want more sort options, the theme site is being updated and this has already been put forward in the initial discussion :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Merged Theme and Mod approval guidelines into one Customization approval guidelines and locking.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

IchBin™

Giving this a bump for those that may have missed we are adding a license requirement for customizations (mods and themes). Please see this topic for more information.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=461016
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: