News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akbora

Yes I have found it, setting panel. Thanks again and again....
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Arantor

* Arantor thinks there needs to be a language string added to Who.{language}.php for $txt['whoall_enotify'].

forsakenlad

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2010, 07:38:52 PM
* Arantor thinks there needs to be a language string added to Who.{language}.php for $txt['whoall_enotify'].

Well enotify as far as I remember is excluded from registering.
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Arantor

Nope, I know at least one user who had a flurry of 'Unknown Action' due to this mod. Anything that triggers from an action= will be flagged in Who's Online, and I know at least one earlier version did that, as thought it was still the case.

forsakenlad

Well I might not have it included it then, I remember doing it for the login url so it doesn't redirect to that page or after logout. I might have to fix it.

Stigmartyr

Now using this on my RC2 forum and it works fine (so far) :)

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Arantor on January 31, 2010, 11:23:38 AM
Nope, I know at least one user who had a flurry of 'Unknown Action' due to this mod. Anything that triggers from an action= will be flagged in Who's Online, and I know at least one earlier version did that, as thought it was still the case.

Noticing that more users are showing as doing unknown action as well...

akbora

Eren, is it possible to add recent posts?

TR: Bu özelliğe acaba son atılan herhangi  mesajları da ekleyebilir myiiz. O zaman nefis olur?

Thank you....
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Stigmartyr

So what causes this and how do I fix it?

I love the mod and I'll keep it around until you do, but it does render user actions as 'unknown'

~DS~

Quote from: Stigmartyr on February 04, 2010, 09:12:22 PM

I love the mod and I'll keep it around until you do, but it does render user actions as 'unknown'
Yeah that's how it all begun with this mod, and you are not the first nor are the last. Everyone is affected whoever uses this mod so even if you uninstall it...it won't go away.  :-\
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on February 04, 2010, 09:15:39 PM
Quote from: Stigmartyr on February 04, 2010, 09:12:22 PM

Yeah that's how it all begun with this mod, and you are not the first nor are the last.  Everyone is affected whoever uses this mod so even if you uninstall it...it won't go away.  :-\

Holy masturbating mammals, Batman!

I guess it's a good thing I installed Arantor's book of unknown action :P

~DS~

I am weather unsure if it broke the string in modifications.english.php or related to the database
BTW...you forget to censor those ip address.  :o
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Stigmartyr

OOp, there - I fixt it if you want to update ur post :P  Thx for the heads up.

Arantor

Pssst... add this before the closing ?> in Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (and Who.english-utf8.php if you have it)

$txt['whoall_enotify'] = 'Checking to see if new events have occurred.';

Then clear the file cache from Admin > Maintenance > Routine.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on February 05, 2010, 02:09:48 AM
Pssst... add this before the closing ?> in Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (and Who.english-utf8.php if you have it)

$txt['whoall_enotify'] = 'Checking to see if new events have occurred.';

Then clear the file cache from Admin > Maintenance > Routine.
Is this the fix to remove the unknown action caused by this mod? Or do I need to have this mod installed to use this?

Arantor

This fixes the unknown action issue with this mod.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on February 05, 2010, 02:16:48 AM
This fixes the unknown action issue with this mod.
Jesus Christ...that seem to fix the the whole "unknown action" issue. I have been waiting for this fix for a long time until this moment. Thank you Arantor, god bless. Any particular reason why this happening and the cause of this, not to mention even uninstalling it, it still show "unknown action". It somehow broke the code in Who.english.php. Hope this give the author the fix for the next update.

So, Arantor...it's safe to install again, no?

Arantor

Simple - the mod uses index.php?action=enotify but the mod doesn't specify a language string to display.

If it's messed up the language file that would suggest it wasn't added properly.

forsakenlad

That is not the right way to do it. Since the mod will be pinging that url every few seconds, everyone will appear as viewing notifications in the end. I'll have it so that action isn't logged at all.

Arantor

Quickest route for that is to not use action= anything.

Advertisement: