News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsakenlad

A new version has been uploaded with the bug fixes that affected several SMF configurations. The problem is hopefully fixed for those who were experiencing mod to not function atll all (those who have sent me a pm).

It's also recommended that you remove the contents of the cache folder in your smf root directory after upgrading the mod (its recommended that you uninstall the earlier version before installing the new one).
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

shumilica

I wanted something that replaces the pop-up java message window that tells me i have a pm, so I only checked the pm notification and the time to stay to 1 hour, but if the user goes to another page than the one he been notified the notification disappears. I know it is not a bug, but this is how I would imagine it working for me. Do you think you can add an option to do this?
Thanks!
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Yahmez

Quote from: forsakenlad on October 20, 2009, 01:56:01 PM
A new version has been uploaded with the bug fixes that affected several SMF configurations. The problem is hopefully fixed for those who were experiencing mod to not function atll all (those who have sent me a pm).

Thanks forsakenlad! It works like a charm now.  :)

drhamza

it works!!! :D
thanks a lot man, you're a genius
i'm having this little problem with arabic names, they're appearing as "???????"
can you help me please?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Excellent mod. Good Start up.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

forsakenlad

Quote from: drhamza on October 20, 2009, 11:29:03 PM
it works!!! :D
thanks a lot man, you're a genius
i'm having this little problem with arabic names, they're appearing as "???????"
can you help me please?

I believe you aren't using UTF8 charset? What is the default charset for Arabic?

drhamza

yup, i guess so
by the way, the whole forum is in english, but the members have their names in arabic

drhamza

i guess this mod is slowing the forum :(

Yahmez

One more question for you forsakenlad, I can see the Enotify fine as admin. But in the test account it doesn't show up. Is there a permission somewhere for it that I am missing?
Oops.... I forgot to clear my cache per install directions.... my bad.

saosangmo

hi, I'm using the SMF 2.0 RC1.2, the log errors system report the thousands of line:

http://www.mydomain.net/index.php?action=enotify
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/xxx/yyy/Themes/default/ENotify.template.php (eval?)
Line: 16

and

http://www.mydomain.net/index.php?action=enotify
2: end() [<a href='function.end'>function.end</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object
File: /home/xxx/yyy/Themes/default/ENotify.template.php (eval?)
Line: 14

please help me fix them.
thanks

forsakenlad

Which version of the mod are you using?

saosangmo

hi forsakenlad,
I'm using ENotify 1.05.
I work around to solve this: every hour, go to admin panel to clear logs, hope you help me soon!

thanks,
-saosangmo

Dzonny

Great mod, i'm sorry couse you are not planning to make it for 1.1.10 version...

wilsy

Quote from: Dzonny on October 23, 2009, 05:45:08 PM
Great mod, i'm sorry couse you are not planning to make it for 1.1.10 version...

Me too - this is the best mod ever!

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

onepiece

Looks like a good idea. A few issues going over the code though:

• install.php should use SMF 2.0 database functions ($smcFunc['db_create_table']() and $smcFunc['db_insert']()). Settings insert could use updateSettings() as well.
  • I would say 'ms' in settings function is a hardcoded text.
  • Adding code to end could use position="end" instead.
  • Leaving comment lines from ModifyGeneralModSettings() could cause conflicts for mods adding code using those generic comment lines.
  • $config_vars is never empty, thus extra code in settings function.
  • install.xml seems to be missing XML start tag and DOCTYPE definition.
  • Instead of die() in ENotifyMain(), obExit(false) could fit better.
  • Your editor seems to be converting tabs into spaces.

Looking forward to see more customizations from you. ;)

JohnKaL-

Quote from: wilsy on October 24, 2009, 04:21:45 AM

+100000

bulldogg

anyway to make this work on a user specific basis? as in a enable or disable checkbox in a users profile?

shadow82x

Another suggestion: Limit the amount of notification displayed at once
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

BOS4O

Quote from: JohnKaL- on October 28, 2009, 10:47:42 PM
Quote from: wilsy on October 24, 2009, 04:21:45 AM

+10000000000000

+100000

Ryan

Great mod a i must say.. Seems to working fine majority of the time, but sometimes it spazes out and starts flooding me with tons of older notifications.. Anyone else had this?

Im using it on a fresh source smf 2.0 rc2, but mydb structre could possibly somthin todo with it as its fairly large forum, and its been through alota upgrades over the yr, it culd be slightly different to a standard fresh database.

Advertisement: