News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smldmr

The mod is funktioning but since i installed it, my unreaded PMs counter tell me that there are some unreaded messages. If iy recount all statistics etc. then is the counter again on 0 but after a short time is ther the ghost PMs again :)

anto74

Hi,
thanks for this Mod, perfect for my forum!
One question ( sorry for my english):
how can i put the notify at the center of the page ?
How i must change this values?

/** Normal Style Positions **/

body > div.jGrowl {   position:         fixed;}
body > div.jGrowl.top-left {   left:             0px;   top:             0px;}
body > div.jGrowl.top-right {   right:             0px;   top:             0px;}
body > div.jGrowl.bottom-left {   left:             0px;   bottom:            0px;}
body > div.jGrowl.bottom-right {   right:             0px;   bottom:          0px;}
body > div.jGrowl.center {   top:             0px;   width:             50%;   left:             25%;}

Thanks!
Antonio

Arantor

Putting it in the centre of the screen very likely would irritate users rather than help them; imagine you'll be reading a topic or posting one, then in the middle of you typing/reading, up pops the box.

anto74

Quote from: Arantor on November 18, 2009, 06:47:35 AM
Putting it in the centre of the screen very likely would irritate users rather than help them; imagine you'll be reading a topic or posting one, then in the middle of you typing/reading, up pops the box.
Ah....ok!  :D
EDIT: But how i can modify the values?  :)

forsakenlad

Quote from: smldmr on November 15, 2009, 10:03:09 AM
The mod is funktioning but since i installed it, my unreaded PMs counter tell me that there are some unreaded messages. If iy recount all statistics etc. then is the counter again on 0 but after a short time is ther the ghost PMs again :)

Can you elaborate it please I didn't understand what exactly is happening :)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

cisops

Foresakenlad et al, I am new to SMF and recently took over an existing forum.  Shortly after doing so, I had looked at the mods available for something like eNotify and found nothing, that would have been around August of this year.  Not having checked back since, I assumed nothing like this existed and went out to learn enough about PHP and SMF to write something.  I have done development in ASP.net and other programming languages but never PHP.

Anyway, in a couple of hours, I wrote some javascript and PHP that does much the same thing as eNotify but was for my v.1.1.9 install, not SMF2.  It's not completely integrated with SMF from a mod perspective.  All of the code it written and works but I don't know enough about SMF yet to make it a true mod package.  I posted it on the custom coding board recently (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=349303.0) to ask for some help or feedback on getting the code better integrated with SMF.  Aranator recommended that I contact you to see if you would be interested in porting your code to v.1.1.x.

I welcome you or other members to take what I have written (source has been provided) and use it.  Likewise, if you choose to port to v.1.1.x, please let me know.

Thanks!

Ryan

I like this mod, but it still randomly spazes out, and notifies users of old topics that havent been posted to in 8 months, it also gets stuck in loop an decided to notify you of every reply ever made, making over 300 notifys.

Somthings not right with it.
After awhile it will stop and run ok, and will actualy notify you of new ones, but then it will spaz out again... ajax mods are mysql intensive enough without this issue lol... Imagine 300 users all getting entire forums content notified to them.

I guess this hasnt been testing on enough bigger forums yet. i have 90,000 members.

MATTEK

Interesting mod. Would this replaxce the PM pop up? Or would I my members get a pop up and then the ENotify window?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Ryan

You would want to turn pop up off. this mod allows you to recieve reply notifications ad pm notifications...  You could watch your site all day without a click or refresh and each notify will appear. Like facebook

drhamza

i was wondering if it can be applied to new topics as well (unread topics)
and how about making it more facebook-like, i mean having two icons, one for the pm.s the other for the replies, beside each of which is the number of pms or replies, respectively.. pressing on it shows a menu (list) of the new messages....

AJ32

Hey, great mod - Thanks!

Is it possible to include a way, in the next release, for users to toggle this feature on or off via their "look & layout" or "notifications" pages?

Thanks!

lexa90

This mode if AWESOME!
Just i'm getting some erros in log, hope you will fix them in next update :)
Cheers!

Arantor

Quote from: lexa90 on December 28, 2009, 01:52:35 PM
This mode if AWESOME!
Just i'm getting some erros in log, hope you will fix them in next update :)
Cheers!

Might be useful to say *what* the errors are?

lexa90

The errors are made by my. I just reinstalled it, and found out that i messed up some code.
Now it works like a charm.
Sorry, my mistake!
:)

Cheers

Alpay

Forsakenlad  ,

LogInOut.php Error :

http://wwwxxxxforum/index.php?action=login2;sa=check;member=38640

8: Undefined index: login_url

File : /home/xxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/LogInOut.php
Line : 136

==>136:
if (strpos($_SESSION['login_url'], 'enotify') || empty($_SESSION['login_url']))

forsakenlad

Thanks for the report will look into it.
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

~DS~

Feature request: get notifications of new topic created, like this:

"New Topic created by Dismal Shadow,
Happy new years guys"
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

TravisM661

Any chance of an RC2 Version?

Advertisement: