News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigmartyr

Well then, get 'er done!

sattninja

you know what would be totally bad ass is if this could somehow tell you when someone logs into the forum ;D ;D ;D
Running Rc4

~DS~

Quote from: sattninja on February 07, 2010, 04:32:32 PM
you know what would be totally bad ass is if this could somehow tell you when someone logs into the forum ;D ;D ;D
"Dismal Shadow had just logged in"

"Dismal Shadow had just logged out"
:o  ;D

I hope this have a permission which allow user to enable or disable enotify.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

franklinrony

thanks for the mod. where change the background color,black, for other? thanks
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Stigmartyr

I must say the feedback I've gotten from users about this mod has been overwhelmingly positive.  So I'll let them speak for me ;)

One question I had that I've had a few people ask is how to make the notification persistent.  If they get a list of notifications, and click on, the untouched slides just disappear, infact when the page is refreshed or navigated from the notifications are gone until the next update. 

Is there a way to make the unread notifications more persistent?  I like the default time limit to show them, but within this time frame it would be nice if they could stay up there..

Or... what if....  WHAT IF there was a way to retrieve a list of recent notifications?  Like a button somewhere..  Just like you can do on FB.

derby

PLEASE HOW DO I INSTALL ON SMF 2.0RC2???
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

Arantor

Quote from: derby on February 10, 2010, 01:13:55 PM

If/when the author updates it for RC2.

derby

Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2010, 01:33:33 PM
Quote from: derby on February 10, 2010, 01:13:55 PM

If/when the author updates it for RC2.
i need it on RC2 Oh cos i love this mod
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

Stigmartyr

I am using it on RC2, and it seems to work fine.

sattninja

ca someone help me here i have uninstalled this mod went through all the parsing and made sure it is gone i still cant see anything in whos online even with adding the line of code given earlier in this thered also i no longer receive emails from my site nor does any other member i used to get emails when i would get a pm but no longer is there something this mod has done to the database or something please help
Running Rc4

sattninja

ok i got the email working i apologize it was actually a problem with my hos however i have completely uninstalled this mod even went through the parsing and made sure all files were removed and i still get unknown action in who's online i added that line of code mentioned earlier in this thread but all that does is change unknown action to checking for new events how can i get it back to the way it was before when it showed where people were
Running Rc4

sattninja

wow no one i did find this

else
            $data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'];
replace with
         else
            $data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'].
            ($user_info['is_admin'] ? (
               (isset($actions['action']) ? ' <span class="smalltext">('.$txt['who_action'].': '.$actions['action'].
               (isset($actions['sa']) ? ' -> '.$actions['sa'] : '').')</span>' : '')) : '');

that changed it to

no one can tell me how to repair the code that was broken when i iinstalled this mod i cant believe that there has got to be a way to repair it i have removed this mod
Running Rc4

Arantor

What is "broken", exactly?

sattninja

im sorry i cannot be any clearer since installing enotify my who's online list tells me unknown action for everyone i have tried the edit that was mentioned earlier in this thread and all that did was change unknown action to checking for new events sorry but that is pretty much the same as unknown action it doesn't tell you anything before i installed enotify i could go to who's online and it would tell me exactly where the users were what topics they were viewing etc. so i uninstalled enotify went through the parser and made sure all was deleted however i still only see unknown action so i searched and found that edit in my post above it changed it to unknown action action=enotify as in the picture there is something enotify changed that i cannot find cause it is not listed in the parser i just want my who's online list back to the way it was before installing enotify
Running Rc4

Arantor

It won't until people refresh their browsers. Because they still have tabs open calling for refreshes.

sattninja

thanks for the assist but that is incorrect im afraid it doesnt matter it never changes from unknown action doesnt matter it used to say like viewing the portal,sending a message,viewing the forum,viewing topic now it sayd unknown action on all users all the time
Running Rc4

Arantor

Yes, because users are still calling for the update to be made.

Some of the code MUST still be present, calling your forum's action=enotify

sattninja

exactly it is like no matter what they are doing it is defaulting to enotify but like i said i looked 3 times through all the modifications enotify made and made sure they were deleted i do not know where this is controlled or in what file i have numerous backups of my forum from before i installed the mod but i dont want to upload a old backup i wiuld like to know what it changed and what is the default sode so i can replace it so it goes back to the way it was before i installed the mod
Running Rc4

Arantor

Do a search of your files for action=enotify.

Also, check the mod page itself and use the Parse option to see what code it changes.

sattninja

i think i got it i did find some code in a theme that i wasnt even using and it seems to be working now
Running Rc4

Advertisement: