ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: MATTEK on June 23, 2010, 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: bahgheera on June 23, 2010, 08:21:50 PM
@Mattek - have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled? I looked at your managesettings.php and it looks ok, no duplicate stuff that I can see.

@Dismal Shadow - I thought that's exactly what I said?

Yup. And every time I reinstall it goes through fine, but when I click on the Modification Settings option in my Admin CP it gives that parse error in managesettings.php.

Currently, with it uninstalled, I go to Modification Settings and there is an ENotify tab that refreshed my current page.
did you happen to have multi-forum mod installed?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

bahgheera

Ok, I believe what you need to do is, with the plugin uninstalled, edit your managesettings.php to remove the block that contains the enotify code. Save it and upload it back to the correct directory on your server. Then try reinstalling. I bet that will fix it.

Important: Make sure you take backups of all the files on your site before you do any of this. ;)

MATTEK

Quote from: bahgheera on June 24, 2010, 02:45:25 AM
Ok, I believe what you need to do is, with the plugin uninstalled, edit your managesettings.php to remove the block that contains the enotify code. Save it and upload it back to the correct directory on your server. Then try reinstalling. I bet that will fix it.

Important: Make sure you take backups of all the files on your site before you do any of this. ;)

Thank you. I would love to do this, but editing php files is not my thing. I suck at it. I need someone to do it for me to tell you the truth. And I'm pretty sure the file I attached earlier was with the plug-in uninstalled.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

bahgheera

Ok, well I'll tell you what. Just to be sure, go ahead and uninstall the plugin. Reattach managesettings.php here, and I'll fix it for you. Then you can upload the file back to your server, and THEN reinstall the plugin, installing it to your theme like I said above. ;)

MATTEK

Quote from: bahgheera on June 24, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
Ok, well I'll tell you what. Just to be sure, go ahead and uninstall the plugin. Reattach managesettings.php here, and I'll fix it for you. Then you can upload the file back to your server, and THEN reinstall the plugin, installing it to your theme like I said above. ;)
Alright dude. I'll do this as soon as I get home. Thank you so much.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

bahgheera

Ok, here's the fixed file. Upload this file right back to your server, before installing enotify. If it asks you to overwrite, choose yes. Once you have this file back on your server, then go into SMF and install Enotify. Make sure this time you install it into your other theme. That should get you going.

Good luck!

MATTEK

Quote from: bahgheera on June 29, 2010, 11:35:40 AM
Ok, here's the fixed file. Upload this file right back to your server, before installing enotify. If it asks you to overwrite, choose yes. Once you have this file back on your server, then go into SMF and install Enotify. Make sure this time you install it into your other theme. That should get you going.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. Won't be home until tomorrow.

Thank you man.
SMF 2.0.1

Kenamura

Wasnt sure if it was already up there butttt, I noticed that once the mod is installed it seems to now want me to maneuver through my forums. The package makes the dropdown menus some reason not work properly, it makes the lettering smaller then it should be and this makes no sense i think

MATTEK

Quote from: bahgheera on June 29, 2010, 11:35:40 AM

Good luck!

Everything's running smooth. Thank a lot man.
SMF 2.0.1

Raffoz

thanks for the mod, i love it! :)

it works perfectly...

just a thing: i notice that when the post title has some characters (à, è and similars) the growl notification appears with some errors... how can it be solved?

thanks
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

NanoSector

...how come this mod solved my custom page problem.......?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MATTEK

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 03:43:25 AM

Possibly added a bit of coding that was missing previously? I'm not entirely sure but that would be my guess.
SMF 2.0.1

NanoSector

Quote from: MATTEK on July 12, 2010, 03:20:34 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 03:43:25 AM

Possibly added a bit of coding that was missing previously? I'm not entirely sure but that would be my guess.
Could be. I'm not sure either.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

GohighVoltage

keep getting this error since this mod install.  Any ideas?

http://www.gohighvoltage.com/forum/index.php?amp;action=enotify
2: require(/forum/cache/data_a7250958f1d6b8bcba920bdf7d1fe4fa-SMF-AdSellerSettings.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2635

NanoSector

Quote from: GohighVoltage on July 22, 2010, 11:07:34 PM
keep getting this error since this mod install.  Any ideas?

http://www.gohighvoltage.com/forum/index.php?amp;action=enotify
2: require(/forum/cache/data_a7250958f1d6b8bcba920bdf7d1fe4fa-SMF-AdSellerSettings.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2635
The file it is trying to load isn't found. I think you uninstalled an other mod before installing this one.

AdSeller (pro) maybe?

GohighVoltage

I uninstalled and reinstalled ad seller pro,  and this error still returns.   I wonder why

vbgamer45

I think it is a bug with SMF should be fixed in the next RC for 2.0
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NanoSector

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 23, 2010, 09:50:13 AM
I think it is a bug with SMF should be fixed in the next RC for 2.0
Or a bug with the package...

Advertisement: