News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ormuz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 12, 2010, 06:14:55 PM
The notifications happen really fast so if you not watching for a split second they could disappear.

I've understand that. And I've defined the time to show the notifications to 40000ms (40 seconds). And nothing appear. This mod doesn't have nothing to do with the notifications options in the profile? Its really strange, in my test account, the notifications had appear, in my default account hadn't...

ormuz

When I try to access to the link forum.com/index.php?action=enotify it gives me this message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'morcego'','1285307597','forum.com/index.php?topic=16837.msg278' at line 4
File: /home/maistraf/public_html/comunidade/Sources/ENotify1.php
Line: 70

vbgamer45

Copy this file to your sources folder and see if it fixes that mysql error.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ormuz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 12, 2010, 07:21:02 PM
Copy this file to your sources folder and see if it fixes that mysql error.
Its working! thanks a lot for your time and help.

IdanC

are there any tips on how to fix the utf-8 issue? characters show up as question marks.

i'm sure i can do it myself, but i can't seem to find the "bottle neck".

thanks...

Quote from: shahraam on March 26, 2010, 11:21:42 PM
Hi,
This is a great mod but apparently does not work with Persian language. I installed the mod on my forum which is a Persian forum. The problem I'm having is that the user names and topic titles that are is Persian are not showed in the message that pops up on the screen. Instead I can only see "?" characters for every character that is in Persian. I'm using Persian UTF-8. I think Arabic UTF-8 would have the same issue.
Would you please try to resolve this problem?

vbgamer45

IdanC you need to convert the two database tables to utf8 look up a couple posts for said to the last guy
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ormuz

Quote from: ormuz on October 12, 2010, 04:48:10 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 12, 2010, 04:38:40 PM
For non English character support you need to convert the two enotify tables to UTF8 using phpmyadmin

Ok, can u help me with that?

I suppose this code, can do the work. What are the tables name?

ALTER TABLE table_name CHARACTER SET utf8;

This solution doesn't work. Any more ideas?

vbgamer45

I don't know if that is the same as changing the table type to utf8?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

IdanC

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 13, 2010, 09:34:08 AM
IdanC you need to convert the two database tables to utf8 look up a couple posts for said to the last guy

worked like a charm!   ;D

for the replies -

ALTER TABLE `smf_log_enotify_replies` CHANGE `enot_title` `enot_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `smf_log_enotify_replies` CHANGE `enot_sender` `enot_sender` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;

for the pms -

ALTER TABLE `smf_log_enotify_pms` CHANGE `enot_title` `enot_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `smf_log_enotify_pms` CHANGE `enot_sender` `enot_sender` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;

gbsothere

Hi, vbgamer45.   :)

I'm helping a member with his 1.1.11 forum (Custom theme "Reference" but this is also happening in default):

QuoteHacking attempt...
INSERT IGNORE INTO smf_log_enotify_replies
(enot_item_id,enot_title,enot_time,enot_link,enot_sender,enot_sender_link,id_member)
VALUES
('28351','Re: Nice things you can't get','1286646164','http://www.website.com/forum/index.php?topic=1681.msg28351;topicseen#msg28351','Jean','http://www.website.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=423','745')

File: /mnt/target02/348462/377604/www.website.com/web/content/forum/Sources/ENotify1.php
Line: 70

Not a bonafide "hacking attempt", right?  Have you seen this happen before?  (ENotify was working fine, then suddenly stopped and this is what's filling up the error log.)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

vbgamer45

Not sure why it would do that looks escaped
Change

// This is our query we use ignore to make sure we don't get an error if the record exists (unique field defined to avoid the extra select query)
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}log_enotify_replies
(enot_item_id,enot_title,enot_time,enot_link,enot_sender,enot_sender_link,id_member)
VALUES
('" .$topic['last_post']['id'] . "','" . mysql_escape_string($topic['last_post']['subject']). "','" .  $topic['last_post']['timestamp'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['href'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['member']['name'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['member']['href'] . "','" .  $ID_MEMBER . "')

", __FILE__, __LINE__);

To

// This is our query we use ignore to make sure we don't get an error if the record exists (unique field defined to avoid the extra select query)
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}log_enotify_replies
VALUES
('" .$topic['last_post']['id'] . "','" .  htmlspecialchars($topic['last_post']['subject'],ENT_QUOTES). "','" .  $topic['last_post']['timestamp'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['href'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['member']['name'] . "','" .  $topic['last_post']['member']['href'] . "','" .  $ID_MEMBER . "')

", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gbsothere

Thanks, I've edited the file and I'm just watching now to see if anything else shows up. 

;)

EDIT:   That's sorted it and thanks! 
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

flutter

I had to uninstall because of a theme and then reinstall.  I now have two enotify links at the bottom of the page.  Can you tell me where I have to look to remove one of them please?

petesky

I recently installed also this mod from vbgamer and get strange question marks instead of my öäü. I don't have UTF-8 in my german forum.

vbgamer45

Quote from: flutter on November 07, 2010, 04:36:09 AM
I had to uninstall because of a theme and then reinstall.  I now have two enotify links at the bottom of the page.  Can you tell me where I have to look to remove one of them please?
Check Sources/Subs.php

Quote from: petesky on November 07, 2010, 10:37:40 AM
I recently installed also this mod from vbgamer and get strange question marks instead of my öäü. I don't have UTF-8 in my german forum.
Check that the tables for the tagging system are set to utf8.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flutter

petesky

petesky

Hi vbgamer !

Is it possible, that encoding problems in notify window with my german threads where öüä are wrong encoded has to do with encoding in JS and not collation of database ?! Because your js is minified i cannot read :-) but AFAIK there is an option to set setRequestHeader along with charset=UTF-8 ?!

alsaka

hello

i install mod ENotify  i have problem with arabic i see arabic like this ?   ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ? ?  ?  ?

NanoSector

Quote from: alsaka on November 25, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
hello

i install mod ENotify  i have problem with arabic i see arabic like this ?   ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ? ?  ?  ?
You have converted your database to UTF-8?

If yes then it's the mods fault.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: