News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Read up a couple posts there is a couple users that have it working on utf8 after making the changes above
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NanoSector

Quote from: petesky on November 26, 2010, 03:20:40 AM
UTF-8 is not the problem afaik.
Well, indeed it is.

If you don't convert your database and stuff to UTF-8 you don't have support for things like áéíóú etc.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

metalerke

Can anyone explain me what the last option stands for?

Expiration duration of log items:

petesky

I already converted as described some threads ago. No change - i assume that ajax is talking in wrong encoding.

IdanC

if i may, ajax doesn't "talk". it just passes the values in the db.

take a look for a second inside the mentioned tables, see how the data is stored there. if the text is scrambled (as i expect it to be), it means you haven't really changed the encoding.

petesky

Quote from: IdanC on November 29, 2010, 11:04:34 AM
if i may, ajax doesn't "talk". it just passes the values in the db.

It talks to the appropriete script by using either

header ("Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");

or

xmlHttp2.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8');

..but i'm sure you know this much better rather then me.

Quote from: IdanC on November 29, 2010, 11:04:34 AM
take a look for a second inside the mentioned tables, see how the data is stored there. if the text is scrambled (as i expect it to be), it means you haven't really changed the encoding.

So enotify fetches the entries from the forum database, the values have to be passed by js (ajax) to the script. This may cause the problem with encoding and not the database kollation itself. But anyway all my tabels except the ones in this thread are latin1_general_ci

It's not scrambled in the database bzw.

hellboysk

No New Posts       8: Undefined index: viewer_text
File: /home/www/forum.bezvrska.com.mk/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 134

i get this error on my forum .. i dunno what to do i use smf 1.1.12 can u please he lp me p.s if u need to look at it yourself here is a link hxxp:forum.bezvrska.com [nonactive]

sharks

I like the 2.0 but i don't like this at the bottom of my forum: Enotify by CreateAForum.com

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sharks

Please update this mod to add the option for any member to disable enotify in his/her forum profile. Some of my forum members do not want the enotify feature on their screens, so how to disable it only for those members? I think an option in the member profile under the section "Notifications and Email" would be ideal. Thank you in advance. In the meantime, i will have to remove this mod to avoid alienating my members.

For the option "Expiration duration of log items:" is that relative to the number of hours or minutes or days?? By default its value is 48.

sharks

I also found a problem, as i had to ban a spammer from my forum and my error log filled up to 20 pages of this error:

http://www.sharks.com/smf/index.php?action=enotify
Sorry bannedmember, you are banned from using this forum!

I don't understand what enotify has to do with the banning process...???
I also noticed that the time between each error from my error log is at logged at exactly 10 seconds intervals.

I clicked on the error link: http://www.sharks.com/smf/index.php?action=enotify
I get this error on a white page:
({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

w0lfman

My users are very pleased with this MOD.  However, is there a way to set the notify's to display a few seconds longer than they currently are set to by default? 

One thing I notice in my Admin Control panel.  The Features and Options location has the ENotify link, but when I click the link it doesnt take me away from the Basic Features page.  I'm using the default template version 1.1.12.

w0lfman

Just curious if this mod has any support considering no responses?  No big deal if it doesnt.

vbgamer45

Support really depends on my schedule if I don't see a bug I won't respond. feature requests are low priority at this point.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

InsaneMustang

How do I move it to the bottom of the page?  Love the mod, but I think it would be more efficient coming from the bottom right than the top right.

w0lfman

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 07, 2010, 10:22:53 AM
Support really depends on my schedule if I don't see a bug I won't respond. feature requests are low priority at this point.
Isnt the eNotify link that is added supposed to take me to a control panel for the mod?  If so the link doesnt work for me.

NanoSector

Quote from: w0lfman on December 09, 2010, 07:20:57 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 07, 2010, 10:22:53 AM
Isnt the eNotify link that is added supposed to take me to a control panel for the mod?  If so the link doesnt work for me.
No.

Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings > eNotify
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

w0lfman

Yoshi, I think I see the problem.  I dont have Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings > eNotify 

Below is the view of my admin panel...

Advertisement: