News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Its not there in 1.1.x

But from your screenshot I see a tab for enotify on the same page for edits features and otpiosn.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sharks

This is a nice mod, but i think it would not be honest of me not to warn all other users of this mod... my host just suspended my account due to high server resource usage due to this mod, as they showed me the log and the last requests came from this mod. I uninstalled it and my forum used much less server resource. I just wanted to leave feedback about this and hopefully this can be optimized for future releases. This will particularly affect busy/large forums.

ormuz

Quote from: sharks on December 11, 2010, 11:36:43 AM
This is a nice mod, but i think it would not be honest of me not to warn all other users of this mod... my host just suspended my account due to high server resource usage due to this mod, as they showed me the log and the last requests came from this mod. I uninstalled it and my forum used much less server resource. I just wanted to leave feedback about this and hopefully this can be optimized for future releases. This will particularly affect busy/large forums.

You right, I've paid vbgamer for the conversion to v1.1.x, and the mod is useless in big foruns... With this mod, my server load go from a 7 to a 18.

sharks

Maybe vbgamer can add another option to this mod, such that only posts for the concerned member is notified, instead of notifying ALL new posts by ALL members for every single member, which is currently the case. The same PM option algorithm should be used for the new posts/replies, as it relates to the user's posts only instead of monitoring the entire forum's updates.

NanoSector

Quote from: sharks on December 11, 2010, 09:51:45 PM
Maybe vbgamer can add another option to this mod, such that only posts for the concerned member is notified, instead of notifying ALL new posts by ALL members for every single member, which is currently the case. The same PM option algorithm should be used for the new posts/replies, as it relates to the user's posts only instead of monitoring the entire forum's updates.
Maybe he can also make an option to only apply it to a certain board (or boards), like announcements.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

sharks

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on December 14, 2010, 02:21:07 PM
Maybe he can also make an option to only apply it to a certain board (or boards), like announcements.

That would also help to reduce the load on the server, by limiting the number of queries.

Honestly, i love this mod for being practical, but it's just too resource hungry!! :(

w0lfman

Just wanted to follow up to see if anyone knew why I dont have a Modification Settings as an option whenthis mod is installed.  Its being installed on the default template SMF 1.1.12

Errormessage below when I click on the eNotify tab in my control panel

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ENotify() in /home/mmmm/public_html/12thman/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 206

Bob Marley

Quote from: Bob Marley on December 25, 2010, 09:54:13 PM
I have uninstall this modification (no problems in uninstall) from my smf 1.1.12 forum but at the bottom there is still Enotify by CreateAForum.com where can i find this and remove it? (All ready done searching index.template.php and nothing there)

Help pls.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Marley

Quote// enotify
   $buffer = preg_replace('~(, Simple Machines LLC</a>)~', ', Simple Machines LLC</a><br /><span class="smalltext">Enotify by <a href="http://www.createaforum.com" title="Forum Hosting">CreateAForum.com</a></span>', $buffer);
   // End enotify

Here it is! Thx vbgamer45

teos55

Trying to install enotify on smf1.1.12  theme pdx-dk 1.1.9
Getting error message :
   ./Sources/ModSettings.php  test failed.
  I couldnt dare to go further. What might be the cause ? Thanks in advance.

Packages attached.

vbgamer45

Other mods modified the same code so it is no longer can find it.  You would have to install it manually at this point

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

teos55

NanoSector

Click the little pencil icon before the error, and it should give you instructions :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

teos55

Sorry, I missed your update.
  here is the output of enotify after apply , but there is no pencil icon before the error.

NanoSector

Quote from: teos55 on December 29, 2010, 12:17:40 PM
Sorry, I missed your update.
  here is the output of enotify after apply , but there is no pencil icon before the error.
Expand the spoiler (clicking the little arrow before the error) and then click the pencils on all errors you get, to get installation info :)

teos55

Sorry but I see no little arrow or pencil in whole panel.  I treid both english/turkish and default theme/pdx-dk. Maybe I miss something. Spoiler is not expandable. The output is as I attached before.

NanoSector

Quote from: teos55 on December 29, 2010, 03:22:44 PM
Sorry but I see no little arrow or pencil in whole panel.  I treid both english/turkish and default theme/pdx-dk. Maybe I miss something. Spoiler is not expandable. The output is as I attached before.
I guess the 1.X series don't have that option.

Parse it online.

ms_ukyankee

Wicked mod, thank you vbgamer45. I've noted the server load issues others have reported so I have increased the refresh interval setting from 10 seconds to 60 seconds to prevent this. So far it hasn't been a noticible change in load with up to 100 users online, still less than 0.5 on my dedi.
SMF since 2004 <3

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: