News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: Jorge_CS_ on June 07, 2011, 10:16:38 AM
What about the other issues? Are you planning to fix them?
No. Not aware of anything else.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gryzor

Can I ask if the latest version works for you - typo or no typo?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jorge_CS_

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 10:23:18 AM
Quote from: Jorge_CS_ on June 07, 2011, 10:16:38 AM
What about the other issues? Are you planning to fix them?
No. Not aware of anything else.

Really? a lot of people is getting the same error, and i explained an huge bug. Here it is...

Quote from: Jorge_CS_ on May 11, 2011, 06:28:54 PM
This mod is not working fine in SMF 1.1.13

Let's say there are 3 users, A, B and C.

Everyone wrote something in one particular topic, then A answer to this topic but only one of the others can see the notification, once its viewed by B, C will not see it. :(

Gryzor

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

No, I did it manually; I don't see much point in installing the whole mod just for one tiny change. I find the package manager very inadequate and a weak part of the software since more often than not it will throw errors... a user can't really hope to have lots of mods installed without manual intervention.

But what difference would it make, if I did it with the manager or not?

Jorge D. Fuentes

Nobody has posted a way to help me uninstall this mod... :(
Should I just try and uninstall anyway, even though the Package Manager is coughing up a "TEST FAILED" on the modsettings file?

eric1234

Hi, can you make a mod to has this function? It was a function in IPB board where the user are in a topic, whenever someone reply a post in the topic, i will pop out a message in the topic only(if the user was still viewing the topic) that someone has posted something. Just like in the attachment.

Ilkharnos

Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes on June 14, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
Nobody has posted a way to help me uninstall this mod... :(
Should I just try and uninstall anyway, even though the Package Manager is coughing up a "TEST FAILED" on the modsettings file?

Same problem here.

./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed

I tried to remove other mods before trying to uninstall ENotify, but it didn't work. I can't risk uninstalling the mod this way and I need your help. If you have an idea about how to solve this problem, I would be grateful.

Gryzor

It's my view that the SMF package manager sucks big, pure and simple. It only works until you install the first modification, after that it's all up to luck. It's very unfortunate and, lately, I've been installing mods manually because the manager just screws things up.

You can do the uninstall, nothing will be hurt, really, but you need to go into the files by hand and remove the mod's edits yourself.

Abavagada

Has anyone else been getting various error messages in the log file from this mod? The reference page is "...forum/index.php?action=enotify" and the errors are varied on things that do work. It only lists for "Guest", which means it's probably a bot trying to access the enotify system directly.

Any ideas?

ms_ukyankee

For those with issues uninstalling, I personally run an exact duplicate of my live site (code/templates) for development/testing, you can then try the mod install/uninstall or manual edits without having to worry about borking your live site.
SMF since 2004 <3

Kolya

Quote from: Abavagada on June 16, 2011, 10:13:37 AM
Has anyone else been getting various error messages in the log file from this mod? The reference page is "...forum/index.php?action=enotify" and the errors are varied on things that do work. It only lists for "Guest", which means it's probably a bot trying to access the enotify system directly.

Yes, when I had this mod installed a whole bunch of bots started constantly accessing enotify, despite the fact they shouldn't even be able to see it since checking for new posts and PMs is obviously a members only feature. I wrote about this and other downsides of enotify (server overload by design, impossible uninstall) here before.

Biology Forums

vbgamer45, can you tell me how to place the [X] (close button) as the first button that pops up?

PLAYBOY

Quote from: shuban on June 20, 2011, 01:13:22 PM
vbgamer45, can you tell me how to place the [X] (close button) as the first button that pops up?

Yeah i need that too. i think that change would be very useful.

Biology Forums

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 20, 2011, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: shuban on June 20, 2011, 01:13:22 PM

Yeah i need that too. i think that change would be very useful.

Bump for this option :-\

IDunc

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare enotify() (previously declared in /home/mwhead/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2163) in /home/mwhead/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2755

With Enotify installed with no Test Failures, I get this message when I try to access Admin -> Core Features, Admin -> Features and Options, and Admin -> Misc.

Please help!

vbgamer45

Looks like was installed twice recheck your files you the package parser to find which files were modified and remove the duplicate code

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

IDunc

Advertisement: