News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Quote from: butch2k on August 30, 2011, 04:59:53 PM
Check the two lines in Recent.php with $modSettings['totalMessages'] > 100000 and replace the 100000 by whatever value you want which is greater than your number of posts. This code is particularly inneficient and cause many problems not only with Enotify.

Thanks.

PLAYBOY

Can somebody PLEASE make the "X [Close]" button appear first before any recent message is being listed.??? I desperetaly need it. My members complaint so much about this and i feel like i will end up uninstalling this mod only because they cant disable this feature nor, they can close it easily.

butch2k

Why do they complain exactly ?
Because of scrolling down to reach the "close all" ?

If so you can limit the number of items displayed at a time by using
$.jGrowl.defaults.pool = 5; in the js inserted in index.template.php

butch2k

You need to modify the jGrowl source.
Change
.appendTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)
.bind("click.jGrowl", function() {
$(this).siblings().trigger("jGrowl.beforeClose");

into
.prependTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

PLAYBOY

Quote from: butch2k on August 31, 2011, 06:50:57 AM
You need to modify the jGrowl source.
Change
.appendTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

into
.prependTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

Which file is this code exactly? I couldnt find it.
Is this gonna make "Close All" button appear the first, before the messages on the top?

butch2k

check enotify.js (i heavily modded this mod but this is the file to check.)

Yes it would append the [X] before the notification rahter than after

PLAYBOY

I couldnt find this code so i can change it.
Quote.appendTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

Can you please tell me the exact name and path of the file?
Because i couldnt find it in enotify.js either.

Biology Forums

Quote from: PLAYBOY on September 01, 2011, 02:32:26 AM
Quote.appendTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

I found it but it didn't work ???

Biology Forums

Quote from: butch2k on August 31, 2011, 06:42:56 AM
Why do they complain exactly ?
Because of scrolling down to reach the "close all" ?

If so you can limit the number of items displayed at a time by using
$.jGrowl.defaults.pool = 5; in the js inserted in index.template.php

Could you explain this better. This mod doesn't make modifications to index.template.php.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PLAYBOY

Quote from: shuban on September 01, 2011, 05:26:07 PM

Its not in enotify.js
Where is it exactly?

Biology Forums

Quote from: PLAYBOY on September 01, 2011, 07:35:20 PM
Quote from: shuban on September 01, 2011, 05:26:07 PM

Its not in enotify.js
Where is it exactly?

It is, at the end, look closer, took me sometime to find it.

PLAYBOY

Attached is my enotify.js

Can you show my where is .appendTo(self.element).animate(this.defaults.animateOpen, this.defaults.speed, this.defaults.easing)

Because i cant find it at all???

butch2k

Personally i use the latest version of jGrowl javascript file not the one shipping with the mod, i suggest you do the same as the one in the mod is quite old. You need to replace the enotify.js file with the jgrowl.js file and you are good to go.

niires1204

Strict Standards: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for 'IST/5.0/no DST' instead in /home/wwwkill/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 797

Strict Standards: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for 'IST/5.0/no DST' instead in /home/wwwkill/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 803

Strict Standards: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for 'IST/5.0/no DST' instead in /home/wwwkill/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 821

This is the error which i get when i try to make database

butch2k

OCJ

I use a lot of vbgamers mods (no smiley bowing - wish there was one)... but every time i check new replies to enotify its always busy  :P
Does this mod carry a health warning? server and admin?

butch2k

Check my recommandation about the 100k messages limit. Indeed the create temporary table used by SMF is a server killer, it raises the server load to very high level, disabling it solves most performance issues encountered with this mod.

kb3rcl

First off, I absolutely love this mod, as do many people on my forum.  However, each time I try to apply it, it works great....until I start getting 503 Errors due to capacity loads...

At first, I assumed it was my web host having issues, but as soon as I disabled ENotify, the issues went away, and they return each time I re-apply the mod.

I thought it may have to do with butch's mention of the 100K thing, however, our forum is quite small.  The highest post count is only ~500, and we never have more than 25-50 people online at a time.

Any idea?

butch2k

The 100k isssue applies to the total number of messages posted since the beginning of your forum, it's not a per/day or per thread value.

It was the root of all my issues with this mod. Indeed i tested it on my beta board which is a subset of my live board and did not encounter any issue (i was under 100k messages) and when applying the mod on my live board the cpu load skyrocketed and i easily traced the issue to the temporary table creation through innotop.

It creates a lot of contentions especially with persistant connections. Indeed temporary tables are dropped when the connection close yet with persistant connections those tables are not dropped automatically as persistant connections do not close.

The whole temporary table creation is an ugly mess that causes more troubles than it solves, i firmly believe it should be removed from newer version of SMF.

Advertisement: