ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datahopa

I've been testing the added sound to this Enotify across browsers and think I have it working on them all now. 

The sound will only work in HTML5 browsers but we all have up-to-date browsers don't we?

To make it work on all boards in the forum I have hard wired the sound URL into the template, not being an expert with SMF there might be a better way of doing it but for me this is working fine, you will need to put your URL in the code. 

You will also need to make a notify.mp3 and a notify.ogg that you up-laod to your site, we need both mp3 and the ogg for cross browser support.

In ENotify1.template.php

Find:
$message = '<a href=\''. $enot['href']. '\'>'. $enot['sender']. ' '. $txt['notification_reply_sent']. ' \''. $enot['title']. '\'.</a>

add after:
<audio autoplay><source src=http://your-site-url/notify.mp3 type=audio/mp3 /><source src=http://your-site-url/notify.ogg type=audio/ogg /></audio>

Find:
$message = '<a href=\''. $enot['href']. '\'>'. $enot['sender']. ' '. $txt['notification_pm_sent']. ' \''. $enot['title']. '\'.</a>

add after:
<audio autoplay><source src=http://your-site-url/notify.mp3 type=audio/mp3 /><source src=http://your-site-url/notify.ogg type=audio/ogg /></audio>
Overclocked & Undervolted

Datahopa

Its just a short sound I made on the PC, the mp3 is only 3k and the ogg is 18k all you need is a short sound, there are plenty out there if you google free sound effects or something like that and also sites that do free file type conversion online too.

Don't think this site would let me give you a link to mine yet.

Or would it:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/datahopa/downloads/Notify%20Sounds.zip [nofollow]

Kind of, try them if you like.

EDIT:
And one other thing:
For some reason I had to restart my browser to get Enotify to work after I made the changes to ENotify1.template.php

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Datahopa

Maybe the HTML5 sound could be added to the next version of Enotify, with an option for the members to turn it on or off, but with the default being set to on of course  ;)

vbgamer45

Quote from: Datahopa on February 20, 2012, 08:05:19 AM
Maybe the HTML5 sound could be added to the next version of Enotify, with an option for the members to turn it on or off, but with the default being set to on of course  ;)
I like the idea as an option
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Datahopa

Hi vbgamer45, I thought it would appeal to more people if it had the option to turn off.

Frankly my php skills are not up to the job, and I have the feeling yours are, then do it :) and if you like you can use my sounds, I made them and in affect own the copyright on them, you have my permission to use them for this mod and distribute them with the mod.

I like the sound and have grown use to it  8)

Yngwiedis

Hello...

I just install Enotify 2.0.2

When i go to Enotify settings and press Submit button i get this error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function saveDBSettings() in /home/vinilio/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2358

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much.
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

EddieC

Quote from: Datahopa on February 20, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Hi vbgamer45, I thought it would appeal to more people if it had the option to turn off.

Frankly my php skills are not up to the job, and I have the feeling yours are, then do it :) and if you like you can use my sounds, I made them and in affect own the copyright on them, you have my permission to use them for this mod and distribute them with the mod.

I like the sound and have grown use to it  8)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=343151.msg2900862#msg2900862
Liverpool FC news site & LFC forum with over 150k posts
Football forum for fans of all English clubs
Cheap A4 colour printing

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

EddieC

Any chance of letting us know what edits I'd have to make to make the notifications show in the bottom left corner?
Cheap A4 colour printing

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

Quote from: EddieC on March 13, 2012, 11:16:08 AM
Any chance of letting us know what edits I'd have to make to make the notifications show in the bottom left corner?

look at jGrowl Options on
http://stanlemon.net/pages/jgrowl
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

EddieC

Quote from: luuuciano on March 13, 2012, 12:40:19 PM
Quote from: EddieC on March 13, 2012, 11:16:08 AM

look at jGrowl Options on
http://stanlemon.net/pages/jgrowl

Nice one mate :)

For anyone else interested it's the file enotify.js you need to edit, search the file for 'top-right' (W/O quotes, only appears once in the file) and replace with 'bottom-left'.
Cheap A4 colour printing

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kolya on February 07, 2011, 07:31:53 AM
I cannot recommend this mod.

First it installs an ad-link in the copyright line. No other mod I've ever installed did this an I don't think it's appropriate.
Then it hits the server like an iron gloved fist, sending requests every 10 seconds for every member who's online. As Arantor has observed, this isn't even a mistake but by design. Just to give you an impression: In 5 days this mod amassed as many page views as we'd had in the whole last year. And chances are your host will kick you out swiftly just for the dent this makes in server memory and computing power.

But the real fun starts, after you uninstall it, as you sooner or later will: Because it doesn't uninstall completely. I ran into the same problem described by others above. I have now around 30 guests with "unknown action" in the online list. Considering guests should at no point be able to use Enotify, this is a bit weird. But I looked them up in the database (Table: smf_log_online) and sure enough these guests do call Enotify, example: a:2:{s:6:"action";s:7:"enotify";s:10:"USER_AGENT";s:112:"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)";}

At this point I have replaced all files Enotify touches from backup and searched all files from the sources and themes folders for the word "enotify" and there's nothing there. I have also deleted 2 tables in the database that Enotify left behind (smf_log_enotify_pms & smf_log_enotify_topics).

I did all of this yesterday, so it's unlikely that 30 guests still have a tab open, not even mentioning they shouldn't have been able to call Enotify in the first place.

If this mod sounded too good to be true to you, you got it right the first time. Unless you like a big resource hog screwing up your forum permanently, keep your hands off it.

Amen, does not uninstall properly and had to drop these tables as well.

vbgamer45

I never drop any tables with any of mods since that can result in data loss.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

OzzyMozzy

Love this Mod, Is there any way of changing the background color of the Notification popup box?

My forum uses a black background with a grey boarders and box's so it would like real nice if I could make it the same color as these.

I did a search but couldnt find anything that sounds like it worked...

Biology Forums

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on May 07, 2012, 11:01:56 PM
Love this Mod, Is there any way of changing the background color of the Notification popup box?

My forum uses a black background with a grey boarders and box's so it would like real nice if I could make it the same color as these.

I did a search but couldnt find anything that sounds like it worked...
Make sure you check whether it generates any errors. That could potentially slow your site down.

Biology Forums

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on May 08, 2012, 12:06:33 AM
Where do i check for errors?

Error logs... Report back to use if you see anything related to "enotify"

Advertisement: