News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diontoradan

i like this mod, how can i use it outside SMF???

can i just copy the javascript?

vbgamer45

Quote from: diontoradan on May 24, 2012, 06:30:42 AM
i like this mod, how can i use it outside SMF???

can i just copy the javascript?
Possibly yeah you would have to look at the code. The javascript part should work ok.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

diontoradan

good to hear that!

my members are excited with this mod.

So i just have to attach the js? or is there any other file i have to include in the php?

Exsharaen

Unfortunately I had to uninstall this mod because of strange guests behavior ("Unknown Action") after applying this mod. On a daily basis my forum has only 11 guests maximum, but this morning after I installed ENotify, it peaked to 45 guests, all of them had "unknown action". As others had already the same issue but still unsolved, I think I'll wait for some more before reinstalling it.

Oh, and somehow the copyright bottom line for ENotify appeared twice, so even after the uninstall it still appeared. Had to make manual edit to remove them.

Thanks,

NanoSector

Quote from: Exsharaen on June 30, 2012, 05:08:24 AM
Unfortunately I had to uninstall this mod because of strange guests behavior ("Unknown Action") after applying this mod. On a daily basis my forum has only 11 guests maximum, but this morning after I installed ENotify, it peaked to 45 guests, all of them had "unknown action". As others had already the same issue but still unsolved, I think I'll wait for some more before reinstalling it.

Oh, and somehow the copyright bottom line for ENotify appeared twice, so even after the uninstall it still appeared. Had to make manual edit to remove them.

Thanks,
Hi there,

This is indeed not the behavior expected. Probably the mod reloaded the page for the user but forgot to close the other connection, so the same user appeared as double.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

lifeguard81

Thanks for this mod. I was looking for something like this.
Can i change the colors?
www.doenwenu.nl
Excuse me for my english. i am from holland :)

vbgamer45

I think you need to check the css files it edits and adjust there.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lifeguard81

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 02, 2012, 11:46:27 AM
I think you need to check the css files it edits and adjust there.
Ok thanks. I will take a look :)
www.doenwenu.nl
Excuse me for my english. i am from holland :)

D.Joe

i have a little bug with this mod: when someone replies to a topic i made or replied, instead of showing a notification, it shows a lot. How do i fix that, i dont want to uninstall this mod

Biology Forums

Quote from: D.Joe on July 07, 2012, 04:05:50 AM
i have a little bug with this mod: when someone replies to a topic i made or replied, instead of showing a notification, it shows a lot. How do i fix that, i dont want to uninstall this mod

I believe that was one of the reasons I uninstalled it. There is no limit, it just keeps showing endless replies. Has anyone managed to limit the number of updates shown?

Srinib

For those of you who have installed this MOD and have been using it,
what is the impact on the server because of this MOD?

Arantor

Significant. It's essentially like every user (not guest) is refreshing the page every few seconds. And if they have multiple tabs open, each tab is generally also refreshing the page.

It magnifies the load per user by a significant factor.

Srinib

In that case i would better stick with the standard feature Show a popup when I receive new messages for the time being. But still, this is a good MOD. Thank you.

luuuciano

Quote from: Srinib on August 06, 2012, 06:52:49 AM
In that case i would better stick with the standard feature Show a popup when I receive new messages for the time being. But still, this is a good MOD. Thank you.

Or maybe you can use Alerts of smfpacks.com, it has a few options to prevent server hammering... and other interesting features

It is paid... but it worths it
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ocmdiaz714

Is there any way to change position? I would like it on the bottom left. And is there any way to change the background color from black to gray? Thanks.

luuuciano

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 25, 2012, 05:40:37 PM
Is there any way to change position? I would like it on the bottom left. And is there any way to change the background color from black to gray? Thanks.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=343151.msg3292863#msg3292863

For the background, use firebug on firefox, or something similar, to find wich CSS lines change
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Rain Forest

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: