News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Only if you added it.

Users do not get notifications of anything by PM in 1.1. There's PMs, there's newsletters as PMs, but that's about it; 1.1 doesn't even have a warning system (which in 2.0 does notify by PM)

Even 2.1's notifications system isn't strictly real time.

Biology Forums

There's a mod that adds a warning system to 1.x though. I had to modify heavily though to have it do what I wanted. While it's not as good as the 2.x stock system, it does the job.

Arantor

Because obviously I can read your mind to know you did this ;)

NHWD

Quote from: Shuban on December 17, 2014, 05:00:11 PM
I think what I might do is simply incorporate the jgrowl to display PM popup notifications. It's the closest thing I believe to the notifications system incorporated in SMF 2.1. Real-time notifications, while convenient aren't really necessary, since most users get notifications via PM anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Would you be willing to package this as a mod to share with us?

420Connect.co.uk

I've searched this thread and found others to experience, notifications of "old events" e.g old PM's / topic replies that haven't had a new reply but can't seem to find a cause or 'fix' for it..

maybe I've overlooked something ?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

420Connect.co.uk

Re-approaching this bug..

I think there is possibly some issue with the "Expiration duration of log items:" part.

I've tried various different numbers in the box, waited to test and get the same results.
(Being notified of old 'events')

Much appreciated if you could have a look at this!

Kind Regards
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Obcy

How to modify enotify notifications pm uses the ( Name This is the displayed name that people will see) not Username ?

josx2

Quote from: 420connect.info on February 01, 2015, 08:42:06 AM
I've searched this thread and found others to experience, notifications of "old events" e.g old PM's / topic replies that haven't had a new reply but can't seem to find a cause or 'fix' for it..

maybe I've overlooked something ?

Quote from: 420connect.info on February 10, 2015, 07:16:15 AM
Re-approaching this bug..

I think there is possibly some issue with the "Expiration duration of log items:" part.

I've tried various different numbers in the box, waited to test and get the same results.
(Being notified of old 'events')

Much appreciated if you could have a look at this!

Kind Regards

I'm experiencing the same problem...wanted to chime in so ya know it's not just you ;-) 

CHRIS-7

This Is a Best Mod

With PM Notifications Work

Thank You SMF Hack.  :)

ppedja

Enotify, when installed, increasing the number of page views. From June 18th to July 18th Enotify was uninstalled. I tested again on July 18, I installed enotify and column "page views" began to show big numbers again. Any help?
SMF 2.0.10
Enofy 2.02

In GA "page views" is similar to those days - when Enotify was not active.

vbgamer45

It loads more requests per page. Each request is counted as a pageview.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

evilservo

Not working for me sadly ... only a few times it shows notification most of the time it shows nothing

Sorunome

Awesome mod, love it! I noticed it makes the views go weird, though, has some incompatibility with other mods that use jquery and all tabs do the fetching all the time so if you have your forum in multiple tabs at the same time you won't know where the notification appears.

For that I did a few tiny modifications to this mod:
To remove the hit counting that is off:
inside of $boardindex/index.php
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['dlattach', ]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['enotify', ]]></add>
</operation>

For the jQuery thing I noticed that ENotify uses jQuery.noConflict(); and that adding jQuery.noConflict(true); at the end fixes the issue. And I also changed the updates to only happen if the window is in focus, so this is how $sourcedir/Load.php is looking like to me:

<file name="$sourcedir/Load.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[// Some basic information...
if (!isset($context['html_headers']))
$context['html_headers'] = '';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[// Some basic information...
if (!isset($context['html_headers']))
$context['html_headers'] = '';

// enotify
global $settings, $modSettings, $scripturl;

$context['html_headers'] .=  '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/css/jquery.jgrowl.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/scripts/enotify.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
(function($){
$(document).ready(function(){
var inUpdates = false,
has_focus = document.hasFocus(),
fetchUpdate = function(){
inUpdates = true;
$.getJSON("' . $scripturl . '?action=enotify",
function(data){
$.each(data.items, function(i,item){
$.jGrowl(item.message, { header: item.title, life: ' . $modSettings['enotify_life'] . ' });
});
}
);
if(!has_focus){
inUpdates = false;
return;
}
setTimeout(fetchUpdate,' .  $modSettings['enotify_refresh'] . ')
};
$(window).focus(function(){
if(!inUpdates){
fetchUpdate();
}
has_focus = true;
}).blur(function(){
has_focus = false;
});
fetchUpdate();
});
})(jQuery);
jQuery.noConflict(true);
</script>';
//end enotify
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
Hope if anyone else had similar issues I could help out :3
Still an awesome mod, though! :D

SMFHacks.com Team

Thanks for the changes released an update with them!

!No longer counts enotify calls as hits/improves performance. Thanks to Sorunome
!Fixed some jquery conflicts with some other jquery mods Thanks to Sorunome
!Only updates occur when the windows has focus  Thanks to Sorunome
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

TrIn@dOr

I have Enotify 2.0.2 and when I try to Uninstall it, I get some errors ...

Please help, I want to install the newest version of Enotify!!

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Proceed with install then attempt to make the changes manually
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TrIn@dOr

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 15, 2015, 10:51:54 AM
Proceed with install then attempt to make the changes manually
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html [nofollow]
Thanks, so, should I install 3.0 over 2.0.2 and then make the changes that couldn't be made automatically? (noob here)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Sorunome on September 29, 2015, 09:22:54 AM
Awesome mod, love it! I noticed it makes the views go weird, though, has some incompatibility with other mods that use jquery and all tabs do the fetching all the time so if you have your forum in multiple tabs at the same time you won't know where the notification appears.

For that I did a few tiny modifications to this mod:
To remove the hit counting that is off:
inside of $boardindex/index.php

For the jQuery thing I noticed that ENotify uses jQuery.noConflict(); and that adding jQuery.noConflict(true); at the end fixes the issue. And I also changed the updates to only happen if the window is in focus, so this is how $sourcedir/Load.php is looking like to me:
Hope if anyone else had similar issues I could help out :3
Still an awesome mod, though! :D
Hm that might be handy Sorunome. The only reason why I never used this mod was the fact it inflated the view count by a large margin, especially during busy times where 10 people are online at once. Thanks for the edit :)

Advertisement: