News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Started by Akyhne, October 18, 2009, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

Works great.  No more image errors on my system.   :D
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

JulesW

I tried to manually upgrade to version 1.0 final, and found some pieces of code twice in register.template.php, but when I deleted the double bits of code, I get a template parse error. I am unable to find the error so would you be so kind to take a look at the file and see if you can fix it?

original file is attached

Much appreciated!

edit: never mind: found the error. There was a } missing....
Could the double code in this file be the cause of the errors I've occasionally been getting before?
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

JulesW

I guess not as a I had 5 pages worth of errors this morning.
Quote2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /Sources/Subs-CaptchaAvatar.php
Line: 16

Quote8: Undefined index: AvatarsToShow
Line: 16
and
Quote8: Undefined index: AvatarsToShow
Line: 8

Any clue what I can do about it?
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

Akyhne

The old installation apparently failed. You will have to check again for code not being uninstalled properly.

JulesW

I've been going through all the files modified by this mod, but no more double code exists in the files.

Edit: maybe this helps: the URL that is causing these errors is:
/index.php?action=verificationsimages&avatar=e8e07b82ad9c11809688d23377628e01&type=2

and if I click it, it generates the errors again... but with different url:
/index.php?action=verificationsimages&avatar=e8e07b82ad9c11809688d23377628e01&type=2

h78509

I have 2 questions:

1. It says on the installation: "A Manual edit will be required for ALL themes (other than SMF Default Core Theme) which have a custom Register.template.php
If you don't perform the manual edit, nobody will be able to register using those themes."

I'm using RC2 Curve. So.. what is this edit I'm required to do? Or do I have to figure it out by myself?

2. In the option: "Folders from which to use avatars as verification", what format should I use?

/avatars/dogs ?
ht*p://mysite.com/avatars/dogs ?

Right now I only have numbers in boxes, no images, but the mod looks awesome. Thanks for posting it.

JulesW

QuoteI'm using RC2 Curve. So.. what is this edit I'm required to do? Or do I have to figure it out by myself?

Only when your theme has its own register.template.php you have to manually edit it. You can use a package parser to see what edits to make. (Click on manual install instructions at the download site.)

Quote2. In the option: "Folders from which to use avatars as verification", what format should I use?

dogs

JulesW

Today I finally recreated the error myself. When I went to the registration page, I got the picture to match, but some of the pictures to choose from were big red crosses (screenshot: ), instead of the pictures to choose from. when if refreshed (F5) it gave me the normal page with 10 images, and I could proceed to the registration process.

Sabre™

I got a similar result(initial release) when the images were corrupt, so I only use the default avatars for this section.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JulesW

I pretty sure these images are not corrupt. (I've sent them to the modmaker earlier, and he checked them)

Also as a test: I put 10 image files in the default folder, and everything worked fine, but after I restarted the browser and refreshed a few times this was the result:

Sabre™

Oh yep.
Have you tried this with only the default avatars with the same result?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JulesW

Yes I have, same result (Only actors and musicians)

Akyhne

Sorry, atm I really don't feel like working on mods.

JulesW

I guess I have to accept the errors every once in a while, or remove the mod....

FYI: The same thing happens on a freshly installed forum (2.0rc2) with ONLY this mod installed, so I guess its not an incompatibility with other mods.

JulesW

Akyhne

JulesW

Akyhne

Stress tested the site with 4 browsers - Opera, Safari, Chrome and Firefox for 5 minutes. Didn't get an error once.

JulesW

Weird... If it only happens with Epiphany, it does explain why it happens only sporadically. Not a lot of people will use that browser. I'll see if I can get errors with another browser.

Advertisement: