News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SPLIT] Re: MyStatus Mod (beta) - a social network extension for SMF 2.0

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 16, 2009, 01:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangwe11

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on October 19, 2009, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: sangwe11 on October 19, 2009, 02:49:02 PM

I can see this mod taking you months, based on your current progress.

...and I have months, no problem there.

I could whip something up in about a week, if needs be.

Only thing stopping you is the air between your fingers and the keyboard :P
Like I said, feel free to build your own.
I'm not stopping my progress.

Now please refrain from continuing this conversation about trying to get me to stop.
If you want to make your own, go do it and stop filling this topic with non-coding discussion type content.

I just see no point in you doing this, but again feel free.

As to you not liking me charging for this, I have that right, and if I believe I need to for the work gone into this, I will.

ElectricSquid

Please stop distracting me from progress, as I asked you in the last reply I made.

Arantor

I think it's fantastic that someone wants to make this mod. It's ambitious but doable.

sangwe11, please either contribute coding thoughts or leave the thread. It has been acknowledged how big a task it is. That should not be a factor if someone is determined to learn on the way, especially if they are already familiar with programming.

sangwe11

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on October 19, 2009, 03:08:09 PM
Please stop distracting me from progress, as I asked you in the last reply I made.

Sorry, didn't mean to; However, I do not like where you put:

QuoteI don't care as long as you don't charge for it in the end.

As I said, its my choice, and good luck with this :D I can see it turning out good, even if its slow off the ground :D

As to the mod, I like the idea, and hope it goes well.

I'll check your progress over the next few days, and try to offer any help I can :D

Arantor

One thing I will add: if you use some of the code from here that isn't yours, that would be breach of copyright - and you will not be able to legally charge for it without having permission of the author.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2009, 03:17:51 PM
One thing I will add: if you use some of the code from here that isn't yours, that would be breach of copyright - and you will not be able to legally charge for it without having permission of the author.

*Yawn* I need not no code from here.

I have already done the section being covered.

ElectricSquid

I believe he's trying to get me to stop because I'm going to offer for free, something he wants to charge for.

Arantor

You're fine to offer it for free even if he makes his paid. I am tempted to lock this thread and split the coding discussion out of it.

sangwe11

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on October 19, 2009, 03:45:08 PM
I believe he's trying to get me to stop because I'm going to offer for free, something he wants to charge for.

I never said I was going to charge for it, and I probably won't.

I simply stated I have the right to charge for it, and you spoke to me as if you had the final say on the matter.

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2009, 03:47:14 PM
You're fine to offer it for free even if he makes his paid. I am tempted to lock this thread and split the coding discussion out of it.

People keep posting back, meaning I then have to reply to what they say, and so on

ElectricSquid

Quote from: sangwe11 on October 19, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

I never said I was going to charge for it, and I probably won't.

In the other topic in the mod request board, you did say you would charge for it.

I simply stated I have the right to charge for it, and you spoke to me as if you had the final say on the matter.

You do have the right to charge for what you write (code) up.
I stated you do not have the right to charge for anything I write (code) up.

ElectricSquid

You don't have to go through that trouble.
I'm done responding to him.
He can go ahead and have the last word, since he feels he needs that.

Back to a fun day of learning code...

sangwe11

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on October 19, 2009, 04:30:29 PM

You don't have to go through that trouble.
I'm done responding to him.
He can go ahead and have the last word, since he feels he needs that.

Back to a fun day of learning code...

As I said before, I do not need to use any code from here.

ANYWAY, I will continue to check this thread, and offer any support I can :D

Arantor

Due to the ongoing tension, I've split off the first few posts which talk about this project and am locking this topic.

Any concerns please contact me directly.

Advertisement: