News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Annoy User

Started by Arantor, October 22, 2009, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digit

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 22, 2009, 05:12:16 PM
It's unfortunate that the mod center doesn't exist in 1.1.x for backporting purposes.

Yeah!!!  8)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Arantor

Quote from: A.SK on October 22, 2009, 04:56:47 PM
Will it be flexible to banned list of members also.

You can use it on any registered member.

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 22, 2009, 05:12:16 PM
It's unfortunate that the mod center doesn't exist in 1.1.x for backporting purposes.

Well, if someone can find an alternative appropriate place to display the users who would be in this category for 1.1 I'll consider it.

digit

Quote from: Arantor on October 22, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
Well, if someone can find an alternative appropriate place to display the users who would be in this category for 1.1 I'll consider it.

You can't just create some membergroups and permissions?  :P

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Arantor

No, since this is done on a per-user, not usergroup basis. I thought long and hard about the route to take on this.

mirahalo

Quote from: Arantor on October 22, 2009, 01:40:16 PM
Thanks for the translation! Though someone suggested some new features to me in IRC earlier which I'll be including (yet more ways to annoy trouble users!) so if it's OK with you I'd prefer to run those out then if you could let me know the other translations once that's done, then I'll add it all in together.

ok then, I wait ;)

Ranter

What a creative and original idea!  Very clever.  I'm glad I don't need it :)

Arantor

Quote from: Ranter on October 22, 2009, 10:33:42 PM
What a creative and original idea!  Very clever.  I'm glad I don't need it :)

I only wish it were my idea, this one came from a mod request and also from an argument I had some months back. I eventually realised that really it would be fun to write and was also in passing, one less mod other forums have that we don't. (This is something that really irritates me, telling me that such-and-such forum has such-and-such mods, and actually using this as an argument why the other software is better)

Rohan_

Thanks Arantor Bro ..
Proud To Be An Indian

TW1ST3D

Brilliant Mod !!  Awesome Idea !!!  Thanks for your hardwork, Arantor !!!
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

Smog

This remind me to the Miserable User mod on phpBB, when an user is hit by your mod he will disappear soon forever, nerves will be stressed to much... :)

Smog