Annoy User

Started by Arantor, October 22, 2009, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smog

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 09:30:50 AM
The other error, I actually meant whether you installed Annoy User manually or not.
Ahhh, sorry for misunderstanding, I have uploaded/installed via the SMF Package Manager. No errors during install.

king kratos

Just out of curiosity, what kind of strain would this mod make on server resources (CPU and RAM)? My host allows a 10% consistant use of server resources. While they state that a violation doesn't mean that my account would be disabled, I don't want to be a problem client. It seems that some of these features (such as the 5-25 second delay) would create quite some strain on the server's resources.

Thanks,

Kratos

Arantor

Very weird. What does the Annoy User options page look like for you?

Arantor

And do you get that error every time you go to the Annoy User admin area?

Smog

Started with a clean error log.
The first 3 errors occurred after browsing the ACP, the most recent one, with red arrow, occurred after I visited the Annoy User ACP area.

Arantor

And if you remove my mod do you still get those errors, of which the bottom two do not appear directly related to my mod?

That particular error could be being triggered by any item within the settings code.

Smog

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 05:48:46 PM
And if you remove my mod do you still get those errors, of which the bottom two do not appear directly related to my mod?
The bottom two errors remain but the colored membergroup names are functioning again.

This error occur too (after uninstalling your mod) >>

Arantor

Well, those three errors are unrelated to my mod, as you've proved.

As for the membergroup colour mod, I note you're using an older version now, but it's clear that something breaks it; what my mod does should not affect it though... *frowns*

Smog

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:14:54 PM
Well, those three errors are unrelated to my mod, as you've proved.

As for the membergroup colour mod, I note you're using an older version now, but it's clear that something breaks it; what my mod does should not affect it though... *frowns*
Agreed. OTOH, I am really curious why membernames in groups aren't colored anymore after installing your mod. I took a look in the database too but can't discover any unusual.

LC

Will someone please make this for 1.1x please please please? :D

Help Arantor make it possible!

*begs with sugar on top*  O:)

Arantor

Quote from: Smog on October 24, 2009, 06:19:16 PM
Agreed. OTOH, I am really curious why membernames in groups aren't colored anymore after installing your mod. I took a look in the database too but can't discover any unusual.

Likely something is broken by the change to loadMemberData, however that suggests that the member color link mod is not only fragile but makes assumptions that it probably shouldn't.

You would be advising to consider updating to 3.0.7 of the mod as that may fix the issue. The lack of uninstall link is caused by a change of version in the package manager; go into the package manager, select Advanced from the bottom right corner and provide 2.0 RC1 instead of 2.0 RC1.2.

I would note that I have both mods installed on a test forum and it appears to work entirely as intended.

Quote from: LadyChaos on October 24, 2009, 06:23:17 PM

The key requirement for 1.1 would be to know where the list of annoy-users should be. In 2.0, there is the Moderation Centre, and it appears as a block in there, but of course there is no such area for 1.1. Let me know where it should go and I'll consider it. But I should note that I am gradually diverging from writing ongoing 1.1 mods and I've considered not doing any more 1.1 development (other than updates to existing mods) once 2.0 RC2 is public.

LC

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:29:45 PM

Likely something is broken by the change to loadMemberData, however that suggests that the member color link mod is not only fragile but makes assumptions that it probably shouldn't.

You would be advising to consider updating to 3.0.7 of the mod as that may fix the issue. The lack of uninstall link is caused by a change of version in the package manager; go into the package manager, select Advanced from the bottom right corner and provide 2.0 RC1 instead of 2.0 RC1.2.

I would note that I have both mods installed on a test forum and it appears to work entirely as intended.

Quote from: LadyChaos on October 24, 2009, 06:23:17 PM

The key requirement for 1.1 would be to know where the list of annoy-users should be. In 2.0, there is the Moderation Centre, and it appears as a block in there, but of course there is no such area for 1.1. Let me know where it should go and I'll consider it. But I should note that I am gradually diverging from writing ongoing 1.1 mods and I've considered not doing any more 1.1 development (other than updates to existing mods) once 2.0 RC2 is public.
What about the Members area? Where the ban list, membergroups and such is? Good idea? Bad idea? (just thinking of ideas here) :)

If it will be too much trouble, I understand. Since I realize SMF will eventually move on to 2.0 RC2 as the latest public version. I know I will eventually upgrade my forum when all the mods I use upgrade to that as well.

Smog

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:29:45 PM

Installed v3.0.7, re-installed your mod and still no change. Assume you are right what you say about the Color Mod: fragile. It is the only possible conclusion.

Arantor

What happens if you uninstall both, then install Annoy User, then install Member Color Link in that order?

I'm not seeing anything in the code that is odd about it though.

Smog

Well, I tried all possibilities, even installed both mods manual.
It's not a big deal, apparently I am the only guy with the prob mentioned before so no need to look for the cause.

FWIW, the first time I installed your mod (via the smf package manager) the code of your mod was dropped somewhere IN the color mod code. I discovered that atm I wanted to uninstall the Color Mod via the package manager and subsequent was confronted with several uninstall failures.

Arantor

Which file did they collide in?

Arantor

*nods* I do modify that, I suppose, and in an area that could conflict since it's user data being modified, but it shouldn't.

Definitely needs more testing and examination.

katdillon

Advertisement: