News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] SMF Intergrated Wiki Mod ..

Started by sangwe11, October 23, 2009, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangwe11

The headers, contents box and the middle 3 links (SMF: 101 ect ..) are all done via custom BBCs

m.c

Arantor

Sorck

Looking pretty good (especially compared to my 70 lines of script that i made last night :P)

sangwe11

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 24, 2009, 11:42:51 AM
Looking pretty good (especially compared to my 70 lines of script that i made last night :P)

My wiki.php is getting on to 250 lines, and the template file 50+

This includes all the custom bbc parsing ect though.

Sorck

Quote from: sangwe11 on October 24, 2009, 12:11:31 PM

Mine is covered in notes, as well as being spaced out so that i can easily understand it (so far, it's just a plain CMS with a content submission system, all of my content is contained within forum posts so to make it easy to edit ie it saves the hassle of creating a new content editting system and many DB tables :))

Do you have a 'work in progress' site that we can look at?

sangwe11

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 24, 2009, 02:33:55 PM

Mine is covered in notes, as well as being spaced out so that i can easily understand it (so far, it's just a plain CMS with a content submission system, all of my content is contained within forum posts so to make it easy to edit ie it saves the hassle of creating a new content editting system and many DB tables :))

This is a little out dated and I have made a bit more progress since uploading, but check this out ..

www.custommodding.net/forum/index.php?action=wiki

Also, you can see the progress of my Project Management Center on that site too.

www.custommodding.net/forum/index.php?action=project

Sorck

Quote from: sangwe11 on October 24, 2009, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 24, 2009, 02:33:55 PM

This is a little out dated and I have made a bit more progress since uploading, but check this out ..

www.custommodding.net/forum/index.php?action=wiki

Also, you can see the progress of my Project Management Center on that site too.

www.custommodding.net/forum/index.php?action=project

I think your wiki could become reasonably popular (if that's only 0% progress then i don't know what the beta will be like!), are you going to allow guests to edit pages in the sofware? I'm also curious about what you have in store for the admin center. (MediaWiki doesn't even have an admin center :P)

Marcus Forsberg

Looking very good, sangwe! Keep it up.
Also, let us know if you run into any problems. :)

sangwe11

Quote from: Nas on October 24, 2009, 03:29:05 PM
Looking very good, sangwe! Keep it up.
Also, let us know if you run into any problems. :)

My main problem is going to be making my wiki syntax parser more efficient and alot less confusing, and getting a BBC code box onto the admin creation page.

The second thing I haven't done before, so I have no idea how to go about it. Any ideas ?

Arantor

Look at Post.php and Post.template.php, with theme_postbox being the function you're interested in. Note you will need to add entries to $context['html_headers'] to load the additional JS needed.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 05:35:32 PM
Look at Post.php and Post.template.php, with theme_postbox being the function you're interested in. Note you will need to add entries to $context['html_headers'] to load the additional JS needed.

I took a long look before, and it just confused me. I couldn't see to find what it was that showed the BBC buttons.

Arantor

theme_postbox does that. It does all the heavy lifting. You don't have to get involved with how.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 05:57:40 PM
theme_postbox does that. It does all the heavy lifting. You don't have to get involved with how.

Still not sure how I would implement that.

I search post.php and post.template.php can didn't find theme_postbox anywhere

Arantor

You may find it in Subs-Editor.php too. (As should be noted by the Function DB)

Just look at what goes on when the Post() function is executed in Post.php; that deals with everything needed.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:09:26 PM
You may find it in Subs-Editor.php too. (As should be noted by the Function DB)

Just look at what goes on when the Post() function is executed in Post.php; that deals with everything needed.

Its the displaying the BBC box I am after.

I still can't seem to see what I need lol.

Arantor

Yes, and Post.php and Post.template.php do just that. When you select the reply or new topic options, action=post fires calling Post.php, Post(). Follow what that does.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:34:14 PM
Yes, and Post.php and Post.template.php do just that. When you select the reply or new topic options, action=post fires calling Post.php, Post(). Follow what that does.

Nope, sorry, still can't work out what is showing it.

Is there no single function to display the bbc buttons ?

Arantor

No, there isn't. They are unified with generating the textarea box.

Did you look in Subs-Editor.php too, like I mentioned above?

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2009, 06:51:49 PM
No, there isn't. They are unified with generating the textarea box.

Did you look in Subs-Editor.php too, like I mentioned above?

Yes, I saw all the bits for the BBCs, but I couldn't get it to work with my textarea.

Advertisement: