News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Newsletter Problem!

Started by andris11, October 24, 2009, 10:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andris11

Hi,

I have a big problem with newsletters. If i send a letter to everyone everyone gets it. If i only send it to a seperate group(admin, moderators, uploaders,....) they dont really get it. FOr example my site has 2 admin. If i send message to admins(me and my mate), My mate gets it but i never get it... If i send out to uploaders(17) 2 of them get it others dont....(neither PM neither to theri Mail box) I dont know whats wrong please help!

Arantor

Anything in the forum error log?

andris11

ADMIN--> maintence--->log books havent got any error but i dont know error is it?

andris11

now i tryed to send out newsletter to MAIL addresses. I have a limit it only send 3 mail /min. I sent this newsle. to 18 user so it should take 6 min to send out. After i clicked submit checked admin--->maintance-->mailing and nothing was there! When i send out a newsletter to everyone it takes more then 2 day to send it out and i can check how many mail wasnt sent yet. :S

Arantor

Sounds like something's eating the mail perhaps as junk.

Really, this is a support issue (rather than a how to edit the code of SMF issue) and I can move this to 2.x Support if you like (you'll likely get a better answer from there)

I didn't think newsletters went into the PM inbox, but as an alternative measure you could consider using my PM to Groups mod and sending out to groups that way.

andris11

okay please move there (pm is wrong as well)

Arantor

What do you mean 'PM is wrong'?

Are members not getting PMs at all, or just not getting email copies of them?

The former is a serious issue, the latter is usually a webserver/email server configuration issue.

andris11

If i send out a Private Message to everyone everyone get it.(except who dont accepted it) If i send out PM to a separate group For example for admins my mate gets it i dont... and i dont know why? maybe beacuse of id? He is 1 im about 5234. But if i send out to uploaders somebody get it somebody dont...

Arantor

I didn't think you could send private messages to everyone (and, as far as I know, PM to Groups is the only way to send to groups outside of the newsletter function)

andris11

i think i can beacuse we did it yesterday.

Arantor

Have you got my mod installed then?

andris11

Arantor

So, how exactly have you been sending newsletters? Just through the newsletter system?

As I said, you can use http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2178 to send to different member groups that will arrive via PM, so you'll always know they got it, even if they don't get an email copy.

andris11

I put it up but i dont really know where i can controll this mod:D Can you help where is this?

Arantor

Newsletters is built in, via Admin > News and Newsletters.

The PM mod, what exactly are you having trouble with?

andris11

I know where is newsletter i want to reach the mod to send to groups. I could see pics about the mod but i cant find where i can send PM by the mod

Arantor

Once the mod is installed you have to go into the membergroups and tick the box for them to say that you want a given group to be able to receive PMs as a group (note this is for NON post count groups only)

Then when you go to send a PM after that, you'll have the option.

andris11

Great its working!

I have a question about this mod as well. I have some groups which are moderator uploadar admin. BUt i have some groups which depend on the number of posts. SO newbie is 0-50 post standart user is 50-100 and so on. But here i cant see box to tick:S Why?

Arantor

As per the mod's page and the comment I made above:
Quote from: Arantor on October 29, 2009, 04:22:19 AM(note this is for NON post count groups only)

Post count groups are NOT supported for performance reasons and likely never will be.

andris11

ohh:( Why is it a bigger work to do?, Or why? It will be fantastic if i can..

Advertisement: