News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

I finally installed just now and used the most recent package.  Installed it on my RC2 site.  I've been checking the error log after every mod that I install and have had no errors as of yet.  Then, I installed this one, and I have three pages of 44 errors with the same thing showing immediately after the installation.

Like I said, all the same error that didn't appear before the installation at all.

Subs.php file
somthing to do with an undefined index of a SmileyHeader??

Attached pics below

-img removed-

SoLoGHoST

Hmmm, must be another mod doing something to Subs.php that causes this, but will update this mod in a few to not cause this undefined variable error.

Will let you know.  Give me a few mins.

Cheers :)

SoLoGHoST

There ya go, just revised it a bit and this should get rid of those pesky errors.  Well, in any case, can you please let me know, just to be sure.

FYI

1.3 Revised
! Fixed possible undefined variable $smileyHeader in Subs.php.
* Changed Header and Inner Style preview pics so that they are above the selectbox instead of below it.  Just makes a bit more sense to me.

Note:  To Update, when uninstalling, please make sure you do not place a checkmark in "Uninstall all Data Associated with this Mod".  After uninstalling the mod, delete it, and install this one.

C4G-TK

Sure thing.  GIve me just a second.

-img removed-

C4G-TK

Worked for me!  Thanks SG!

No errors at all showing in the log now!

-img removed-

SoLoGHoST

Okie Dokie.  Though I think it may be a problem if you are using the Header Style and you try adding smileys to any of the Ratings.  Not sure though.

C4G-TK

I'm using the header Style, but not putting  :) 's in it.  Tested on a few posts and no errors at all showing.

-img removed-

SoLoGHoST

Ok, Thanks for your input.  Glad to hear this.

Elijah Bliss

I'm not sure if I missed it, but is it possible to show the ratings in the message index?

SoLoGHoST

If you are referring to where each topic name gets displayed, no, this is not possible in Post Ratings.  However, this will be possible in Post Ratings Pro.

SoLoGHoST

Thank You, Glad you like it :)  Was a ton of fun creating it :)

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on January 12, 2010, 12:12:07 AM
If you are referring to where each topic name gets displayed, no, this is not possible in Post Ratings.  However, this will be possible in Post Ratings Pro.

When can we expect that?

Arantor

I guess I missed that in passing - is that a paid-for mod?

SoLoGHoST

Yeah, I am seriously considering this to be a paid-for-mod (Post Ratings Pro).  I am leaning towards paid-for at the moment, but you never know what my decision will be in the end.  As I also leaned towards my PM Attachments being a paid-for mod from the beginning, but when I finally completed it, decided to give it away for free.  So I suppose we'll see ;)

Quote from: Elijah Bliss on January 12, 2010, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: SoLoGHoST on January 12, 2010, 12:12:07 AM

When can we expect that?
I would expect it in about 1 month, give or take a few days, since I am currently also working on Dream Portal as Lead Dev. and I probably won't do much coding on Post Ratings Pro until Dream Portal's next Beta Release as it's a lot more fun coding for Dream Portal than any other mod I ever coded.  But, Post Ratings is up at the top of my list of mods to update.

bork

Anyone else getting an install error?

Please see the attached image.

I do have some other mods installed so I'm guessing that's the problem?

C4G-TK

Do you have other mods installed?

Something may have altered the code that it is looking for.  You just need to edit it manually for that particular edit.  If you need help, I'll be on later tonight probably around 6 or 7pm eastern time.  (It is noon right now.)

If you want, you can attach your Display.php file and I'll make that edit for you before you install.

-img removed-

bork

Yeah, i've got a few other mods installed, almost certainly the problem.

Thanks for your kind offer but it's ok, I can do the manual edit  :D

bork

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, the mod that was conflicting with this one was the Reason For Editing Mod.

To correct the install error I did the following:

• unzipped the mod
  • edited postRatingsRC2.xml
  • replaced:
id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body,

with:

id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body, edit_reason,

• rezipped the mod
  • installed as normal
As feedback I think this mod has a lot of potential but without any way to view the top rated posts is not that useful in it's current form.

The upcoming "pro" version with reporting/searching for rated posts will be excellent and I'll probably install it into my live forums.

SoLoGHoST

Thanks for your feedback on the mod and quick fix for others who may have this problem installing this mod when coupled with the Reason for Editing Mod.

Advertisement: