News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Well have just tried it at my test site and works perfect.  You can test for yourself... go ahead and register, than go to the General Discussion Category and you will see Hello [username] and a brief message.... go here => http://acs.graphicsmayhem.com/rc2/index.php

Here's what I have for this and it's unable to be rated also.
$msgOptions = array(

'id' => 0,

'subject' => str_replace("[username]",$memberName,$row2['welcomesubject']),

'body' => str_replace("[username]",$memberName,$row2['welcomebody']),

'icon' => 'xx',

'smileys_enabled' => 1,

'ratings_enabled' => !isset($_POST['nr']),

'attachments' => array(),

);

$topicOptions = array(

'id' => 0,

'board' => $modSettings['welcome_boardid'],

'poll' => null,

'lock_mode' => null,

'sticky_mode' => null,

'ratings_mode' => 0,

'mark_as_read' => false,

);

sattninja

OK i went to adjust those edits and noticed the original edits you posted weren't there so i re-did the original edits and saved it and just tested it a boom works like a dream you are da man i really appreciate the help

thank you so much :) :) :)
Running Rc4

sattninja

forgot to say

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Running Rc4

SoLoGHoST

Hey, Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you also!

Just got done wrapping all the presents, time to put them under the tree now :)

sattninja

well glad you had time to help me

thanks again ;D ;D ;D
Running Rc4

falken

It's posible to allow only rating in the first post and not in the replies??

Thanks!  ::)

SoLoGHoST

No, but this is a simple edit that can be made to do just this.  Will see what I can do after the holidays.

sattninja

is there any report function to this like to show a members overall rating
Running Rc4

SoLoGHoST

No, nothing of the sort.  Have planned on making a Post Ratings Pro version of this mod (PAID) that will allow this feature, as well as a Stats Page, and also allow posts within a topic to be ordered by Highest/Lowest rating, and many many more features.

Bugo

Periodically there are following errors:

Undefined index: rating
Undefined index: total_ratings
Undefined index: id_last_rating
Undefined index: rating_enabled

File: /Sources/Display.php

SoLoGHoST

Can you be a bit more specific?  I will try and see if there is something on my end here, but I don't follow periodically.  Perhaps you can pin-point any 1 of these undefined index errors on an actual step by step basis of events??  That would be much more helpful.

Thank You :)

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Arantor on December 20, 2009, 03:10:33 PM
The reason is that the right hand area - where the ratings bar is - will not appear until all the left hand profile side is done, and with all that stuff in your profile area, it pushes it all down.

Not sure how best to fix it though.

Well, this has been fixed and implemented it at a test site.  You can see its new display here, at the following URL:  http://acs.graphicsmayhem.com/rc2/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1

Basically, I am wondering on all of your input for this being the way it is.  If you like it, I will go ahead and update it using this style for the rating, instead of the rating being at the top within the inside of the post.

darubillah

it is giving error on running the maintenance task

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: is_ratings

Why??  & if i enter  ~<div class="topContent">(.*)<\/div>~siU  in Regular Expression field it still gives error

you mod is working fine for me after uninstalling Post rating mod

But when it runs 2 time It duplicates the POSTs

I have installed the latest version of Post Rating mod & I saw that you had fixed all bugs

But still their some problem with Post rating mod

Its giving me problem with RSS feeder

SoLoGHoST

Strange, could you either point me to a URL to see the problem with the RSS Feeder, or describe the problem you are having with it in more detail please?

C4G-TK

Do you think you could put a larger space between the bar going across and the post that proceeds it than the post it refers to?  Because of it being less space, it looks like the bar actually refers to the post above than the post after it.  If someone is reading post 10 or something further down the thread, visually they may rate the wrong reply because it appears closer to the proceeding post. 

-img removed-

blokey

Solo
Am seriously struggling to understand this,,, have installed another rc2 and it is clean with no mods yet,,, but as shown previously I am still getting the same problem, and I cant get it how you show on demo site with rating in topic header,,,,,,,,,, I am completely stumped
Help
SMF Version 2.0 RC2     Server Info Apache version 2.0.63 PHP version 5.2.9 MySQL version 5.0.81-community Architecture x86_64 Operating system Linux

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: blokey on December 27, 2009, 09:43:43 AM
Solo
Am seriously struggling to understand this,,, have installed another rc2 and it is clean with no mods yet,,, but as shown previously I am still getting the same problem, and I cant get it how you show on demo site with rating in topic header,,,,,,,,,, I am completely stumped
Help
I haven't updated the Post Ratings Mod with the new changes I am about to make that are shown at the following topic:  http://acs.graphicsmayhem.com/rc2/index.php?topic=1.0

So once I update it with these changes, I'll let you know and this should fix any display problems you may have.

Quote from: C4G-TK on December 27, 2009, 08:04:16 AM
Do you think you could put a larger space between the bar going across and the post that proceeds it than the post it refers to?  Because of it being less space, it looks like the bar actually refers to the post above than the post after it.  If someone is reading post 10 or something further down the thread, visually they may rate the wrong reply because it appears closer to the proceeding post. 

Ok, I have actually added more space, can you take another look at it and tell me if that is good enough?  Thanks :)

C4G-TK

VERY GOOD!  LOVE IT!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Looks great!

-img removed-

Bugo

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on December 27, 2009, 01:22:21 AM
Can you be a bit more specific?  I will try and see if there is something on my end here, but I don't follow periodically.  Perhaps you can pin-point any 1 of these undefined index errors on an actual step by step basis of events??  That would be much more helpful.

Thank You :)
Usually errors appear after viewing by visitors of any page of a forum. Sometimes — after viewing by usual users.

sattninja

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on December 26, 2009, 04:38:54 PM
No, nothing of the sort.  Have planned on making a Post Ratings Pro version of this mod (PAID) that will allow this feature, as well as a Stats Page, and also allow posts within a topic to be ordered by Highest/Lowest rating, and many many more features.

i would pay for those features

great mod thanks
Running Rc4

Advertisement: