News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Yeah, I believe it's a <div> tag issue, play with the <div> tags above and below it a little and you should get it looking the way you want to.

dmacleo

thats what I am trying in a bit, going to cut/move the block in those lines up/down to see how it affects it.
will be good training for me :)

Davagator

smf 2.0rc3, template: Bright Forest Theme v2.3 by Aaron
Mod works great in the default theme (curves) but I can't get it to display rating in bright forest theme.    I manually added the one css line to index.template but ratings are still not showing up.  Any thoughts?

SoLoGHoST

@ Davagator - have you tried changing the layout in PR Settings?  There are 2 different types of layouts:  Header Style and Inner Style, switch between the 2 and tell me if either one works, k?

If not than you'll need to edit your Display.template.php file manually for the Bright Forest Theme, since it would seem that this Theme may have it's own Display.template.php file.  Though honestly, you didn't provide a link for it, and a search on SMF Themes for "Bright Forest Theme" gives me 111 pages to search through and I don't have that much time on my hands.

MaNaRa

I cant install this mod in the RC3 :-\
this is the list of installed mods...
mi versión de foro es SMF 2.0

SoLoGHoST

Please upload your Post.php and Display.php files located in your ./Sources directory, of where SMF is installed on your server, and I'll have a look, k?

Do Not Install Post Ratings yet.

Cheers :)

MaNaRa

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on June 05, 2010, 09:46:29 PM
Please upload your Post.php and Display.php files located in your ./Sources directory, of where SMF is installed on your server, and I'll have a look, k?

Do Not Install Post Ratings yet.

ok, here are  ;)

SoLoGHoST

Ok, replace those files with the files I have attached (backup the old one's first, just in case, as always), than install Post Ratings.  You shouldn't get any errors this time.  Was clashing when calling the database for a mod that you had installed, having hiddenOptions, hiddenValues, etc. columns, so I moved these into a different area within the query so that you can install Post Ratings naturally now.

Let me know how this works for you, but all should go just fine.

MaNaRa

Now it's perfect! thanks a lot for your help :)

SoLoGHoST

Cheers, you're welcome :)

PurpleCrow

I'm getting ratings_topic in my Moderation log all the time (see attatched image), any ideas as to why its appearing there?

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

SoLoGHoST

I'm sorry, I'm unable to take a look at this problem right now and/or fix it.  Post Ratings doesn't do anything within the moderation logs, so maybe this is the problem, as it should probably do something in here to skip this part in ratings_topic.  Shouldn't be that difficult to implement though, but I'm not able to help right now with this....  Check your error logs, though, if that is showing up in there, than most likely no errors in the error log either...

Sorry, hopefully I should be able to help in a few days or so...

Bytheway, what area of the moderation log are you seeing this in?  Reported Posts area?

SoLoGHoST

Hello again PurpleCrow, just following up on your issue with Post Ratings.  Maybe you can answer my question so that I can help you, i.e., if you still need help on this.  In any case, let me know.  What url are you going to relative to your $boardurl that has Action, Date, Member, and Position in the titlebar?

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on June 13, 2010, 02:12:37 PM
Bytheway, what area of the moderation log are you seeing this in?  Reported Posts area?

Thanks

ToeJam

Hi Solo,

I might have missed the setting or perhaps this is beyond the original scope.  Is there a way to see the current rating of the original post in 'Recent Posts' or within the Board category were all topics are listed? i.e. prefixed or suffixed to the post title?  The idea would be to draw attention to items with a higher user rating.  Any hlep is greatly appreciated!

SoLoGHoST

Hi ToeJam,

No, this is not possible because it wasn't coded in that respect.  But honestly, as many times as this has been requested it wouldn't be very difficult to add in this ability to both Recent Posts and/or Board Categories.  My idea for this, if I ever get around to coding the Post Ratings Pro version of this myself, since live627 may have given up on coding the Pro version, is to offer the ability in the PR Admin Panel to show this in several different places, as many as the Admin selects, and to offer the ability to either show the first post rating percentage (first post) or the overall topic ratings average percentage (all posts).  In any case, I have given up on coding as I don't have the time for this anymore in my life to code for FREE.  Don't even have the time to code for $$$ either.  Because, I've got too much going on in my life right now, not to mention, I'm living with my sister and using her computer which isn't a good developing environment either.  Going to School, working, and trying to see my daughter as much as possible in between all of this.  Separated from the wife back in February and things have been hectic ever since.  So life has gotten in the way of all of this and my love for SMF and coding for SMF has decreased tremendously since than.

But honestly, this is not hard at all to do, for anyone with half a brain for coding that is.  I haven't touched any of the source or template files that deal with showing the Categories and Recent Posts, so this is just a matter of adding in the relevant code to the source and template files.

You guys are free to alter the code for Post Ratings however you see fit.  I would like to see your modified version of it, if that would be OK.  All I ask is that, if you do make a modified version of Post Ratings, that you include me as the original author and include a link to where the original mod can be downloaded here on SMF.  That's all.

Cheers

Welovea1

This looks like a mod that would be very useful for our forum if we were able to rate our own posts. We are a book club and it would be terrific if the users could rate a book that has been reviewed.  The only caveat is that the original poster would like to be able to rate the book they've reviewed, as well.  In this application we wouldn't be rating the post but the book being discussed in the post.  Any possibility that we could use your mod for this purpose?  Thanks!

SoLoGHoST

This is an extremely easy edit.  I may update it with this possibility in the PR Admin Panel.  Perhaps a checkbox setting, something like:  Allow Rating of Own Posts.  I'll see what I can do to update it with this ability.  Once I'm done I'll get back with you in this topic.

Warning - This could take me some time, like a week or 2 since it's not really a priority of mine and I work and go to school as well and can't find that much time to do much these days.  And furthermore, because I would be coding on-the-fly since I lack certain resources/programs on this computer and unable to install them since it's not my computer.  But I'll see what I can do, just have a little patience please.

Welovea1

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on July 25, 2010, 12:25:21 AM
This is an extremely easy edit.  I may update it with this possibility in the PR Admin Panel.  Perhaps a checkbox setting, something like:  Allow Rating of Own Posts.  I'll see what I can do to update it with this ability.  Once I'm done I'll get back with you in this topic.

Warning - This could take me some time, like a week or 2 since it's not really a priority of mine and I work and go to school as well and can't find that much time to do much these days.  And furthermore, because I would be coding on-the-fly since I lack certain resources/programs on this computer and unable to install them since it's not my computer.  But I'll see what I can do, just have a little patience please.

A week or two is certainly not a long time and will be well worth the wait.  I'm really excited about the possibility of using your mod for this purpose.  Thanks so very much for your willingness to do this!!!!

Welovea1

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on July 25, 2010, 12:25:21 AM

How difficult would it be to change the word "post" in the image to "book"?  We're pretty good with photoshop so is this something that we could do?

SoLoGHoST

What image are you talking about?  Maybe you can show me a pic of the image you are referring to?

Advertisement: