News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: rocknroller on September 04, 2010, 12:52:06 PM
greetings, tnx for cool mod.

is there way to tell me what need change in this code. I want other stars color for "my vote(rated image)" Not for main Feedback, just for users vote.
and if passable i want put direct link to the image. somewhere in you code. here is link
http://www.logooff.net/smf2/Themes/default/images/post_ratings/starFullp.png

do you know what i mean?

echo '<input type="image" name="rating" id="' . $combo[$i-1] . '' . $i . '" src="'. $rating_nonrated_img . '" value="' . $i . '" border="0" onMouseOver="submitVote(\''.$message['id'].'\', \''. $i .'\'); doMover(\''. $rating_rated_img . '\', \''. $rating_nonrated_img . '\', \''. $da_rating .'\', \'' . $combo[$i-1] . '\',\'' . $i . '\'); textOutput(\''. $message['id'] . '\', \''. $i .'\');" onMouseout="doMout(\''. $rating_rated_img . '\', \''. $rating_nonrated_img . '\', \'' . $da_rating . '\', \'' . $message['id'] . '\'); textOutput(\''. $message['id'] . '\', \''. $da_rating . '\');" onClick="doSubmit(\'rate\', \''.$message['id'].'\', \''.$scripturl.'\', \''.$context['session_var'].'\', \''.$context['session_id'].'\');" style="border: none; background: transparent;" />';

You do not need to change the code at all!

You should upload the image to your server (if not already on your server), within the SMF Root anywhere, than you can link to it within the Post Ratings Admin Panel, within "Posts and Topics" section of the Admin.  You change the path within the Images sub-section of the PR Admin Panel.  For Example, if you have the image located here (via your SMF Root):  "Themes/default/images/post_ratings/starFullp.png", and you need to do is place this path into the image path you want it to show for in the PR Admin Panel.  And than click on the save button at the bottom to update the image(s).  It will than use those images instead of the image(s) that come with Post Ratings.

rocknroller

I made myself Post Ratings Layout, all i was put in the header style. and it is look like this.(attachment)
Is it passable to change stars in admin control panel in that way?

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on September 04, 2010, 09:51:15 PM
You should upload the image to your server (if not already on your server), within the SMF Root anywhere, than you can link to it within the Post Ratings Admin Panel, within "Posts and Topics" section of the Admin.  You change the path within the Images sub-section of the PR Admin Panel.  For Example, if you have the image located here (via your SMF Root):  "Themes/default/images/post_ratings/starFullp.png", and you need to do is place this path into the image path you want it to show for in the PR Admin Panel.  And than click on the save button at the bottom to update the image(s).  It will than use those images instead of the image(s) that come with Post Ratings.

I do not provide support for those who are modifying my code.  Please try the following I stated already above.

Cheers :)

rocknroller

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on September 06, 2010, 02:38:41 AM

I do not provide support for those who are modifying my code.  Please try the following I stated already above.

Cheers :)

This is not modify of you code, come on, yust small adaptation for my custom theme.

SoLoGHoST

Did you try this?  Does it not work?  If so, what problem are you getting?

iPete

Thank you so much for developing this mod. I desperately need a topic rating mod though for 2.0 RC3, so do you know when the pro version will be available?

SoLoGHoST

Well, I was working on the Pro Version and was very glad with it's development, until someone offered me money to create a different MOD for them, so I am currently working on this other MOD (Paid For Mod) instead, and hopefully will get back to the Pro Version of Post Ratings after that.  Ofcourse, $$$$ Talks.

- Solomon

Infitima

Um.. when I hit a star nothing happens. But none of the installation part failed.

SoLoGHoST

Are you getting any javascript errors?  Turn js error reporting on and check if any errors occur when you click on the star.  What browser are you using?  Version of SMF?  I need a bit more info. than what you stated in order to help you debug this issue.

Infitima

JS errors? You mean debugging?
And SMF 2.0 RC3.
Firefox latest.

SoLoGHoST

Yeah, javascript errors.  Any errors showing up in the Firefox error log?

fox0r

Any hope for 2.0 RC4?  I tired the option to mimic RC3 but it just errors :(

fox0r

Okay I went ahead and did a manual install, but my settings wont save.  I enable it, click save, and when the page reloads the box isn't ticked on.  Any ideas?

ETA:  I got it to stay on.. but nothing is showing on posts to set ratings or anything.  In my admin panel I had boxes with 0's, I set them to 1 for options I ticked on.

SoLoGHoST

Give me a week or so, will update to SMF RC4.

dmacleo

fox0r

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 12, 2010, 12:16:27 AM

Can you help me with my issue I've posted about?

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: fox0r on November 12, 2010, 12:03:33 PM
Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 12, 2010, 12:16:27 AM

Can you help me with my issue I've posted about?

Undo whatever you did, uninstall it manually, than wait about a week for it to support RC4.  Than install it automatically.

NanoSector

I hope this gets released for 2.0 RC4 in a week or so...I wantz this.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

fox0r

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 12, 2010, 01:44:09 PM
Undo whatever you did, uninstall it manually, than wait about a week for it to support RC4.  Than install it automatically.

I guess that's what I'll have to do. =/  Still doesn't explain why it isn't working (I can't imagine RC3 to RC4 is THAT big of a difference) when I got all of the code installed correctly, and the database installs went through fine.

Thanks for upgrading it, though!

SoLoGHoST

Post Ratings 1.5 now supports RC4!

Enjoy :)

Advertisement: