News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

I've tried running the PostRatingsUninstall.php file but all it does is give me back the error message:
Database Error

No database selected
File: /home/account1/my.com/postratingsUninstall.php
Line: 62

When I try to run postratingsUninstallRC23.php, the browser just returns a blank page.

I've tried installing again after both above actions and it still retuns the error:

Duplicate key name 'id_last_rating_id_msg'
File: /home/account1/my.com/Packages/temp/postratingsInstallRC23.php
Line: 170

I am running SMF 2 RC4 if that helps any.

I've looked at the package-info.xml but don't understand where I'm supposed to remove the call to PostRatingsInstall.php  The only line that I find it on is this one:
<database>postratingsInstallRC23.php</database>

Am I to comment out that line and try to run the install through the package manager?

Thank you for the help

SoLoGHoST

QuoteWhen I try to run postratingsUninstallRC23.php, the browser just returns a blank page.

That is what it is supposed to do.  Once you run postratingsUninstallRC23.php, than just install the package normally after this.  You shouldn't get any errors when installing the package after you remove the database tables/columns that get installed when you install Post Ratings.

watchhorse

Is there a deadline for the Post Ratings Pro?
Wij zoeken diergerelateerde fora ter overname.
Pb gerust als je geen tijd of zin meer hebt om uw forum te onderhouden.

Jayne Louise

I installed Post Ratings on RC4 and it all worked great except it was effecting the message and signature areas too much so I removed it. Having done that I see the space between the date (the last rated time/date area) has remained larger than it used to (see attached pic of what I mean exactly). Any ideas how I might fix that?

Also when I uninstalled it I selected remove all the Post Rating data but view and rate ratings is still in the database in the permissions table (theres about 20 of them). Is it safe to delete those?
~J:L

City Builder

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on February 14, 2011, 12:07:57 AM
QuoteWhen I try to run postratingsUninstallRC23.php, the browser just returns a blank page.

That is what it is supposed to do.  Once you run postratingsUninstallRC23.php, than just install the package normally after this.  You shouldn't get any errors when installing the package after you remove the database tables/columns that get installed when you install Post Ratings.

Yes I've done that but it still returns the error listed below.  It's as if the uninstall is not removing everything that it should have:

Duplicate key name 'id_last_rating_id_msg'
File: /home/account1/my.com/Packages/temp/postratingsInstallRC23.php
Line: 170

agent47

Truly an amazing mod sir. And the fact that it was your first published mod makes it even more.
Keep up the awesome stuff mate.
However just a small issue. Once the post is rated all it shows is "Rated 2 times" on the titlebg. The actual rating (in stars) isn't shown?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

SoLoGHoST

This was not my first published mod.

Anyways, can you try changing the header option within the Admin Panel for Post ratings?  Does that have any affect?

agent47

Well according to Post #3 of this thread, you've stated that this was your first ever published mod that was ACCEPTED by SMF so I just thought. :)

Ok so I tried changing to "Inner style" and it works although when I use "Header style" all it displays is "Rated 1 Time" and not the actually said rate. Just thought I should report this. I use SMF RC3.

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Spoogs

This is the first mod I ever published that was approved by the SMF Customization Team the first time around and didn't have to be changed

Xarcell

I have a request...

I would love to see an option to just use thumbsup and thumbsdown instead of stars. Kinda like a "Like" and "Dislike". The thumbsup and thumbsdown images are located in the default theme > images > post.

I would also like to see it update via ajax.

;)

Spoogs

IIRC you can use your own images (doesn't have to be stars)

Enc0der

Quote from: Xarcell on March 14, 2011, 07:09:00 PM
I have a request...

I would love to see an option to just use thumbsup and thumbsdown instead of stars. Kinda like a "Like" and "Dislike". The thumbsup and thumbsdown images are located in the default theme > images > post.

I would also like to see it update via ajax.

;)

^^^ thumbsup  :P

Stern

Thank you for nice Mod, SoLoGHoST!
One question:
How to allow vote ONLY for the first post in any topics?

SoLoGHoST

This ability was not coded into the module because it is a POST RATINGS, not a TOPIC RATINGS module.  I'm not sure if I get the time ever, but when I do, I will upgrade the module for this ability.  Kinda have a lot on my plate of life currently.

yes100

Hey thanks for your work on this just wanted to ask if you will update this in near future für 2.0 RC5.
Theres no Topic rating Mod compatibel with it at the moment so I'm considering to uninstall it and go for RC4.

Thank you for your help/answer in advance!

Edit: Manged to install it with version emulation.
Is there still planned to add options for :

- auto-add rating function to topics only and not allowing members to disable it?
- sorting by best rated topics within categories and not within topics?

I also posted a mod request were I offer to pay a little for something like that:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=431866.0

SoLoGHoST

Ok, I am having financial difficulties in my life....  SOOO, I will make a deal.  I will finish coding Post Ratings Pro and release it to the public for $50 USD.  If you are willing to PAY $50 USD for Post Ratings Pro, Private Message me!  To see a list of all of the features that will be presented in Post Ratings Pro, when finished, go here:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2234

Scroll down the page and you will see all of the features that will be presented upon completion of Post Ratings Pro.  If enough people PM me on this I will create it and than provide a link to where you can go to purchase this, once it is complete.  It shouldn't take me more than 3 weeks to code and finish Post Ratings Pro.

IF INTERESTED in POST RATINGS PRO and you will wait for approximately 3 weeks for its completion, and are willing to PAY $50 USD to me to make this, AND YOU ARE SERIOUS, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ONLY!  DO NOT RESPOND IN THIS TOPIC!

Thank You,
Solomon

live627

The first public version of Post Ratings Pro is now available for purchase at http://livemods.net/index.php?action=mods#83!

SoLoGHoST

Cheers live627 :)  So anyone interested in the Pro version of this Mod, please visit this link and purchase it, at only $40 USD.  $10 off of what I was going to sell it at if I were to do it.

Ali_

I would love to support you by paying 40$, however that subscription link doesn't work, nor does the new site it asks you to visit after you attempt to do so.

If it's ready for SMF 2.0 GM.  Let us know, I'm willing to use paypal.

live627

I updated the link in the above post. Can you try it? And thanks for your interest. You'll need to register there to subscribe.

Advertisement: