Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

That is unfortunate.  I assume the "mod" for Dream Portal won't easily convert to a PHP block for Simple Portal by chance?

I already paid some $$ to have the SMFPacks alert mod work with the ratings... it would really be awesome to be able to get it to work ... "all the time".

I guess my best bet is to wait for the new version and then use Beyond Compare to see where the changes are and manually apply them in hopes of eliminating this DISABLING issue.

SoLoGHoST

Post Ratings now updated to version 1.6 and now installs perfectly fine on SMF 2.0.2.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on August 21, 2012, 09:56:22 AM
That is unfortunate.  I assume the "mod" for Dream Portal won't easily convert to a PHP block for Simple Portal by chance?

Might be a bit difficult, since Dream Portal uses parameters, depends on how well you know PHP.

Also, I have tested to make sure that when the Automatic Ratings Setting for Topics is set to either All Topics (Enabled) or New Topics (Enabled), that all topics created after that are Automatically Enabled for rating, and the poster is unable to change this if they do not have permission to do so.  Ofcourse, All Topics (Enabled), sets all current topics on your forum to be enabled for rating, as well as any new topics.

redding99

I'm having problems with a fresh install on 2.0.2

It all seems ok but when you try to rate a post by selecting the number of stars you get the error:

'Unable to rate this post due to no rating being selected'

I have tried on different browsers with the same result

bertii

This mod not works in the version 2.0.3 ?  :-\

SoLoGHoST

@ bertii - Thanks, will look into this!

SoLoGHoST

Ok, have tested this mod with SMF version 2.0.3.  Works PERFECTLY!

Powerslaved

Well as far as i can see ive followed the instructions,set permissions for the usergroups,set the mod settings,cleared file cache.
Theres no option in the posts to leave ratings.Im running 2.03.
Any ideas why i cant see the rating options pls

SoLoGHoST

You have to enable ratings for ALL TOPICS within the Post Ratings Admin Section or you can enable the topic for rating within the topic itself (by modifying the first post in that topic).  You can only rate posts that aren't yours!  That is to say, you can't rate your own posts!

FYI:  Providing a site url would be most helpful...

jashars

Hello, I am using this mod quite a long time, but none of the rated pages where crawled as rich snippets in google, is there anything I need to configure?
Also, could you add rating in topic index as this mode does? - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=464537.0

Draffi

indeed...THIS would be a nice addition...

QuoteAlso, could you add rating in topic index as this mode does? - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=464537.0

Arantor

How would that work, displaying a rating per *topic* when this is a per *post* score?

Unless you habitually rank every post in every topic, or you take the average of every user's score for every post in each topic on display (which is insanely expensive to actually compute when you have more than a few posts), it just doesn't work.

SoLoGHoST

Thanks Arantor.  Seems people really want ratings posted up in the message index where all topics get displayed, and quite frankly, I haven't been able to actually understand myself, on how to accomplish such a task, when this is really not what this mod is aimed for.  Displaying a rating on a per topic basis would be inaccurate if only showing the rating in the first post of each topic (ofcourse, this would rely on First Post Rating being enabled), but than if we were to average all ratings in each post of each topic, it would than be a huge performance drain IMO.  I think people misunderstand the meaning of this mod and want, both a topic and post rating system.  This is just a Post Rating System, not meant to be a topic rating, however, it could be used for rating a topic, depending on how you use it, but it was not orginally built for Topic Ratings in mind.  I still need to properly update this mod for SMF 2.0.4, however, it's not going to get any new features in it than what it already has, which, IMO, is more than enough!

FragaCampos

Hi there.
I want to install this mod, but I would like to know if the Statistics page is already available and where.
The mod's page talks about a PRO version. I'm willing to pay for it if and when it's available.

Thank you.

FrizzleFried

There is a "pro" version someone else sells.  It's not ready for prime time and should be avoided IMHO.   May I suggest you check out SMFPACK's Facepunch ratings mod.  I don't run it,  I have a "non-released" Facepunch mod running that I acquired from the author but it's "non-released".... SMFPacks version looks quite spiffy but I have so much invested in to this version that I'm not changing myself but you might want to check it out...

http://www.smfpacks.com/page/sa=facepunch

MechSpecs

I installed the PRO version of this mod but am having a few issues with it...

Issue #1

Core Theme
      Execute Modification    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
Vivanto
      Execute Modification    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed

I am assuming this is preventing it from showing the STAR rating for each thread on the message index page? Is there a way to manually correct this?

Issue #2

Users who utilize IE9 can view ratings and can hover over the stars (at the bottom of each post) with the little hand (like it's a link or a selectable option) but they can't actually select the stars. So far Firefox seems to work fine?!?!? The Developer (Live) has been pretty helpful thus far but is closing his site on June 30 so not quite sure were to go for support after shelling out $40 for the Pro version :o

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this a little more compatible for IE folks?

Issue #3

None of the stats show up in the MORE STATS link nor do they show up in a users profile?

FrizzleFried

Quote from: MechSpecs on June 13, 2013, 09:36:28 AM
I installed the PRO version of this mod but am having a few issues with it...

Issue #1

Core Theme
      Execute Modification    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
Vivanto
      Execute Modification    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/vivanto_20/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed

I am assuming this is preventing it from showing the STAR rating for each thread on the message index page? Is there a way to manually correct this?

Issue #2

Users who utilize IE9 can view ratings and can hover over the stars (at the bottom of each post) with the little hand (like it's a link or a selectable option) but they can't actually select the stars. So far Firefox seems to work fine?!?!? The Developer (Live) has been pretty helpful thus far but is closing his site on June 30 so not quite sure were to go for support after shelling out $40 for the Pro version :o

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this a little more compatible for IE folks?

Issue #3

None of the stats show up in the MORE STATS link nor do they show up in a users profile?

See my response above.  Unfortunately it doesn't help... but I did try at least.

:(

MechSpecs

Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 13, 2013, 12:09:08 PM

See my response above.  Unfortunately it doesn't help... but I did try at least.

:(

Unfortunately Facepunch doesn't display the ratings the way I would like. For instance this Post Ratings Pro mod shows the rating for each thread at the top left (I have it set to only allow ratings on the first post so that is all that is displayed at the top left). Also the actual ratings area (the stars that you can click on) is not quite as "ZOMG HERE I AM CLICK ME" as the facepunch one. Finally, without seeing a demo of the facepunch I really can't decide if its something worthwhile or not. It is a "buy before you try" type scenario and I'm not a fan of that.

FrizzleFried

For TOPIC ONLY rating... Bugo's rating mod (free) works great... have you tried that?

GluenStuff

I tried this mod on my 2.0.4 forum but keep getting this error during install (1st image).

When I check the parse this is what it says (2nd image)

But even after adding the code I still get the same error. (3rd image)

Also I notice theres an extra definition in the code, thats not on their list and theres no way for me to even rate anything from the forums now

TheListener

GluenStuff

How did you add the code?

Did you use notepad ##?

How many times did you try and install?

Advertisement: