News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GluenStuff

No notepad it was a simple edit, just added that last small bit. And yes I tried installing quite a few times

GluenStuff

The thing is..if you look closely you'll see t.id_new in the code....there's doesnt show that, but its in mines.

TheListener

Quote from: GluenStuff on June 21, 2013, 04:44:45 PM
No notepad it was a simple edit, just added that last small bit. And yes I tried installing quite a few times

You should never use notepad.

The majority of folks on smf use notepad##

;)

GluenStuff

Yeah, it was just a small manual edit so I didnt use notepad. I just inserted (copy and pasted) it after where it instructed too, but thats when I noticed that extra command

TheListener

Also as you tried to install the mod more than once there may be code which has since been doubled.

What is the link to your forum?

GluenStuff

http://hobbymafia.com/Home/index.php

Here's what I did, I uninstalled and checked the option to remove all associations from the mod, then I went to my database to double check and didnt see it, but its obvious I still must have done somethin incorrect. Man this newb post verification process here is hard on the eyes

TheListener

QuoteMan this newb post verification process here is hard on the eyes

Three more posts and ya done with it.

:)

TheListener

Your forum won't load for me.

Colin

Wait a minute,

Did you come up with that code in which you used to modify the modification? The modification defines that edit as "Add After" not "Replace". Your edit would be rendering duplicate code.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

GluenStuff

Yes you're correct, and I only added that small bit of code afterwards as instructed

Colin

Will you please attach Display.php
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

colby2152

ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

GluenStuff

Here you are as requested

Colin

Note -  If you already installed this mod and then didn't properly uninstall it you will have issues.

Please upload and replace Display.php with the version I have attached. Once done, install the modification. DO NOT continue if errors are reported. Revert your edit to the modification. Leave it as default. To be safe you may want to redownload the modification from the SMF customization site and upload it stock.

Colin

TheListener

Quote from: Colin on June 21, 2013, 06:05:14 PM
Note -  If you already installed this mod and then didn't properly uninstall it you will have issues.

Please upload and replace Display.php with the version I have attached. Once done, install the modification. DO NOT continue if errors are reported. Revert your edit to the modification. Leave it as default. To be safe you may want to redownload the modification from the SMF customization site and upload it stock.

Make a BACKUP too.

GluenStuff

OK I'll try now...thank you

WHOO HOO No more post verifications ! LOL

GluenStuff

One more quick thing...as I uninstall is it correct to use the UNINSTALL ACTIONS feature that will remove all data associated with this modification ?

I have attached a screenshot

TheListener

Normally that is when the mod is to be completely uninstalled inclusive of the ratings already on the forum.

Mod related data will then be lost.

GluenStuff

Thats ok then because there was never any data associated with the mod because it wasnt visible on any posts.

Advertisement: