Page hit xxxx times & created in xxxx seconds with xx queries.

Started by aw06, October 31, 2009, 01:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Is it possible to somehow ad a page hit counter to work in conjunction with the page load timer ??

So this
Page created in 0.231 seconds with 15 queries.

Will look like this
Page hit 14,001 times & created in 0.231 seconds with 15 queries.

I don't have to have it on every page ... but definitely the main forum index page ... Can it be done ???  :-\
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Which page, exactly?

Not all pages have a hit counter, unless you mean the master forum hit count.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on October 31, 2009, 01:13:56 PM
Which page, exactly?

Not all pages have a hit counter, unless you mean the master forum hit count.

See edit to post 8) ..

And yes ... the master hit counter would be nice
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

My comment still stands. There's no master count other than one for every page hit across the entirety of the forum (and I would STRONGLY discourage from querying SUM() on that for performance)

If you just track hits to the home page that's still a further query every hit to board index, which is not a small hit. If you want the entirety of all hits to every page on the forum, that will simply get slower and slower as time goes on.

aw06

Advertisement: