News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Count in Different Bases

Started by Thantos, April 28, 2005, 02:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Link to Mod

This mod allows you to specify which numeric base the post count should be displayed in.  Great for geeky goodness.
The base can be set for each theme.  If a none integer base is specified it will be truncated into an integer.
If the specified base is outside of the range of 2-36 inclusive then base 10 will be used.

Thanks to Ken Fitlike of http://www.entropysink.com for the orginal idea

dtm.exe

I don't understand exactly what this mod does :-\...

EDIT:  Nevermind, now I think I know what this does.  I think it displays users' postcounts in binary :P.

-Dan The Man

Thantos

Why doesn't that surprise me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeral_system

Like I said it's designed for geeky goodness.

dtm.exe

Hah!  Very ingenius :).  Well done!

-Dan The Man

Trekkie101

Sounds cool, hehe, I can think of one of my members, wondering why their post count changed so quickly.

Oldiesmann

Two things...

1. The "Roman Numerals" option doesn't work. If I change it to "R", my post count on my test board is displayed normally (ie "63"), and not in Roman Numerals (which would be "LXIII").
2. You need to add an un-install option to the mod.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Thantos

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 04, 2005, 11:00:53 AM
Two things...

1. The "Roman Numerals" option doesn't work. If I change it to "R", my post count on my test board is displayed normally (ie "63"), and not in Roman Numerals (which would be "LXIII").
2. You need to add an un-install option to the mod.
1) Fixed, I'll have a new version up sometime today.
2) To be honest I made this mod up rather quickly and didn't want to take the time dealing with the Package Manager's refusal to operate correctly.  I have reported the problem with it not replacing with nothing with no response and I got tired of it.

UnpackedRope

Hi,

I know it's been a while so apologies for dragging this back up but I just spotted the mod and being a geek myself thought it'd be quite cool to have on my board but I'm having trouble getting it to show the post count as Roman numerals.  Using V1.1 on 1.1 RC1.

Thanks!

Advertisement: