News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Boilerplates for posts V3.0

Started by Do2, October 28, 2009, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alterundying

Hello I can no longer access to modify my Boiler Plates I tried uninstalling to reinstall but that is giving me issues now as well.  Please help.

Kindred

well... DETAILS would be helpful if you actually want assistance...

smf version?
What did you do just before you could "no longer access to modify my Boiler Plates"?
What "issues" are you getting if you uninstall? (or did you uninstall and ignore the errors you got when you attempted it?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alterundying

I don't remember what I did before I lost access to I was asked to bring back the forum after a long hiatus.

I am running SMF 2.0.9

Originally when trying to delete the mod I got the error files do not exist, I tried to load 3.1 but I relieved a message saying the mod was already installed.

After doing much research I pasted the zip file into my packages section and NOW I receive the error, package does not include uninstall contact the package creator.

If I could be given an idea of where to add back access on my admin menu or how to actually uninstall that would be fantastic.

Kindred

It appears that you are going to have to manually uninstall the package by manually undoing the code changesl
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alterundying

So do I basically go through the zip file to read what was changed? Do you have any advice other than Back up my forum first?

Kindred

There is a mod parser on the mod download page...   Read the install instructions in reverse....

And yes... Always backup first.
Слaва
Украинi

qwert321

just found this mod and it would be great for long posts of events where only a few dates change but info all needs to be retyped.

One problem though if the boiler plate is to many characters it disappears when i goto save it in the admin section.

jeffp1956

First of all thank you for your mod, But.... when I enable it my post editor goes away ???  i saw a message about this but it was striked out  ??
I am using smf 2.011
As with most things in life YMMV

zushiba

I assume this mod has been abandoned? It still installs but appears to not function on the post side. The drop down still generates but clicking an option does nothing.

pocttopus

Hello,

What is happening with this mod? It's not working for me... is there any fix!?  ??? :-\

Kindred

mod author has not been online since 2015 -- so - no, there is no fix or update
Слaва
Украинi

kesulin

This works with explorer or Firefox, but not in Chrome. Someone have an idea why this is posible?

kesulin

Ok, I find the problem.

Open Editor.js.
$themedir/scripts/editor.js

find this line:
!this.bRichTextEnabled ? surroundText(sValue, '', this.oTextHandle) : this.smf_execCommand('inserthtml', false, sValue);

replace with:
if (!this.bRichTextEnabled)
{
surroundText(sValue, '', this.oTextHandle)
}
else
this.smf_execCommand('inserthtml', false, sValue);

Chrome maybe not accept the if in one line.

Now the mod works.

Arantor

If that were the case, the 2.0 WYSIWYG editor would be broken for everyone all the time :(

kesulin

I attach the mod in this post with the bug fixed.

Package removed, you need permission from the author in order to redistribute the mod. ~ SychO

kesulin

Quote from: Kindred on July 30, 2018, 08:45:56 AM
mod author has not been online since 2015 -- so - no, there is no fix or update
No problem about delete the mod fixed, but the author is disappeared. I think deleting the attachment with the mod fixed is worse for the SMF community.

Kindred

While I understand what you mean - that does not change the legalities of the issue...

Whether or not the author is still around, they still own the rights to their code and - unless they have included the code with a permissive license, there is no redistribution of the mod or distribution of a modified version allowed, under international law.

You can, as you have, tell people what the fix is and how to do it.
You can not repackage the mod with your fixes and distribute it.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: