News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Edit member groups in bulk

Started by pittu, October 30, 2009, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

OK. I used convert.php to convert VB database to SMF. Everything is fine.

I recreated a couple of 'member groups' in SMF.
After import, the group id is not imported. (as said) Example: In VB, I created a group called 'access members'. After import into SMF, users have not assigned to that group.

Is there anyway I can reimport the users with their 'Primary group membership'?

Norv

As mentioned on [SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7, membergroups are indeed not converted (mostly). What you can do for the moment is to re-create them in SMF and assign the users manually.
Eventually, in some particular cases, SMF can assign a membergroup automatically. If there is something you can tell us about the rules for the membergroup to be assigned, like, if for example is it a group for all users with more than X posts? then a post-count group can be created in SMF, for members with more than X posts, in which case SMF will automatically assign users to that group.

The above example is about post-count based groups however, that is not a primary membergroup. Administrators and global moderators should be converted correctly. But the main problem of converting any membergroup from VB is not solved yet, in the converter.
I will put this on my todo list, though I'm not sure when I can try to see about it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: