News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Edit member groups in bulk

Started by pittu, October 30, 2009, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

OK. I used convert.php to convert VB database to SMF. Everything is fine.

I recreated a couple of 'member groups' in SMF.
After import, the group id is not imported. (as said) Example: In VB, I created a group called 'access members'. After import into SMF, users have not assigned to that group.

Is there anyway I can reimport the users with their 'Primary group membership'?

Norv

As mentioned on [SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7, membergroups are indeed not converted (mostly). What you can do for the moment is to re-create them in SMF and assign the users manually.
Eventually, in some particular cases, SMF can assign a membergroup automatically. If there is something you can tell us about the rules for the membergroup to be assigned, like, if for example is it a group for all users with more than X posts? then a post-count group can be created in SMF, for members with more than X posts, in which case SMF will automatically assign users to that group.

The above example is about post-count based groups however, that is not a primary membergroup. Administrators and global moderators should be converted correctly. But the main problem of converting any membergroup from VB is not solved yet, in the converter.
I will put this on my todo list, though I'm not sure when I can try to see about it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: