News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smiley Contest: THE WINNERS!!

Started by Runic, November 02, 2009, 05:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

actually 3 new sets were added ... can you guess what ones?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SoLoGHoST

Nice smiley sets added SMF.  Looking good! :)

Akyhne

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on November 08, 2009, 05:41:49 PM
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( O:)

KOOOOLLL!!!!
We probably don't see what you see, it depends on what smiley set people have selected in their profile ;)

SoLoGHoST

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but did Akyhne create the Akyhne smiley set??  And Aaron created the Aaron smiley set??

Cheers, you guys they are both good for non-animated smileys, though I like the Akyhne set much better as it looks nice and sharp :)

Arantor

SoLoGHoST

hehe, sometimes I surprise myself, though I'll never gamble again... ;)

Akyhne

I have concidered a animated set of the 'Akyhne' set. At least I will at some point release additional smilies as a mod. I already have ~+10 additional ones.

SoLoGHoST

Good to know, currently using the Akyhne set right now here at SMF.  Perhaps it might be a good idea for SMF to allow users to use their own smileys via profile, if the Admin allows this.  Or perhaps I'll go ahead and make a mod for this.

Cheers :)

Arantor

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd be overly enthusiastic about allowing users to arbitrarily upload smileys for themselves.

Akyhne

A lot of users are using own smilies in forums, by linking to them in their posts.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, guys, here's my first attempt at an Angel Smiley for my SoLoSMiLeYS set.  Comments?  Suggestions?

And another...

I think I like the 2nd one.  Angels are tough, maybe I should get rid of the wings... :-\

Quote from: Akyhne on November 09, 2009, 02:12:29 PM
A lot of users are using own smilies in forums, by linking to them in their posts.
Oh, but would be better if it were in the editor IMO...

IchBin™

Don't like them. If I didn't know what you were doing based on previous posts, I don't think I would have been able to tell what the smiley actually is. Is that wings or hands? I think the ring needs to float above the head.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

H

Quote from: IchBin™ on November 09, 2009, 02:50:13 PM
Don't like them. If I didn't know what you were doing based on previous posts, I don't think I would have been able to tell what the smiley actually is. Is that wings or hands? I think the ring needs to float above the head.

Certainly. The top one looks like a smiley with a hat and the second a smiley with a sweatband :P
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

SoLoGHoST

Ok, thanks for your honest opinions, that's why it was a first go, will definitely be working on it more and yeah, definitely getting rid of the wings...

Cheers :)

SoLoGHoST

Also, there is a problem with installing solosmileys via the Smilies of the Moment package since it automatically assumes that the smilies are directly inside of the zipped file.  One should use the SoLoSMiLeYS Mod I have already created for this since the package-info.xml file adds the solosmileys folder from within the zipped file, which it should do instead of linking all of the folders/files into another folder called SoLoSMiLeYS1, which SMF does when installing via Smiley's of the Moment.

There, I have fixed this myself by placing the smileys outside of this folder and into the root, you can install it either way now.  All updated and tested for both methods.

tooman

SoLoGHoST

Sudhakar Arjunan

Good work SoLoGhOsT,

Hi Runic, could we see the other two finals - smiley's for reference.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

anupkanwar

CONGRATULATIONS !
Regards ,Anup Kanwar.

Advertisement: