News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting from Snitz Forums

Started by ukcwm, April 30, 2005, 05:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukcwm

Hi
Unknown

Do you still have your Snitz database in MySQL?  If so, do you suppose I could have access to it with phpMyAdmin?

The following query:

SELECT ft.TOPIC_ID, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ft.T_DATE), UNIX_TIMESTAMP(fr.R_DATE)
FROM FORUM_REPLY AS fr
   LEFT JOIN FORUM_TOPICS AS ft ON (fr.TOPIC_ID = ft.TOPIC_ID)
ORDER BY fr.TOPIC_ID, fr.REPLY_ID

Is, basically, how the converter works.  I'm worried it isn't correct, from your description, because this should be the order from oldest to newest.

-[Unknown]

Afraid I don't think I still have access to the old MySql database - is there anything we can do now, because it still does not seem to be sorting properly - this could be confusing users :(

Also, while I'm here just a couple of quick questions...
You'll see on the index page that under 'last post' each forum shows 'Last post on...' How do I delete the 'Last post on..' bit of text as I don't think it's necessary?!

Also, is there a template for the main help pages, and if so, are we allowed to replace the simple forums logo and picture at the top with our own - or am I being cheeky again, and shouldn't even be asking?! Can I at least incorporate it into my general design?

Other than this, at the mo everything seems to be working pritty well :)

NoRad

I'd do a search on here for your non-snitz conversion related questions and focus on the specific sorting problem here. There are lots of posts about how to remove those things and modify your templates. It's rather easy, and shouldn't take long.

[Unknown]

You'll see on the index page that under 'last post' each forum shows 'Last post on...' How do I delete the 'Last post on..' bit of text as I don't think it's necessary?!

I believe that's in the BoardIndex template.  The classic theme does it as you want.

QuoteAlso, is there a template for the main help pages, and if so, are we allowed to replace the simple forums logo and picture at the top with our own - or am I being cheeky again, and shouldn't even be asking?! Can I at least incorporate it into my general design?

You can remove it if you like.  XSLT is used to generate those.

-[Unknown]

kodbg

Hi,
Thank you for your job.
Yesterday i have converted part of my snitz forum: hxxp:setcom.bg/main/forum.htm [nonactive] to smf: hxxp:deimos.tea.bg/setcom_forum/index.php [nonactive]

No problems with passwords. Only the order of themes is incorect. Any ideas?
Sorry for my eng... :)

NoRad

Quote from: kodbg on July 20, 2005, 01:34:20 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your job.
Yesterday i have converted part of my snitz forum: http://setcom.bg/main/forum.htm to smf: http://deimos.tea.bg/setcom_forum/index.php

No problems with passwords. Only the order of themes is incorect. Any ideas?
Sorry for my eng... :)

by themes do you mean forum categories? Just sort them in the admin field.

laser

Quote from: Radianation on May 14, 2005, 03:39:31 PM
Now go recruit more Snitz forum administrators to make the wise decision to switch.  :P
LOL !!! ... I have been using ASP & Snitz for 4 yrs, but now slowly switching to SMF, PHP and Mambo.

I'm a newbie at SMF, but hope to learn a lot as well :)

kodbg

Quote from: Radianation on July 20, 2005, 05:04:28 AM

by themes do you mean forum categories? Just sort them in the admin field.

No, I mean topics.

[Unknown]

How are they misordered?  Newer topics do seem higher than older ones, to my tired eyes...?

-[Unknown]

kodbg

Mmm, no. This is true only for topics written in SMF forum. Converted topics are unsorted. See this:
hxxp:deimos.tea.bg/setcom_forum/index.php?board=34.0 [nonactive]
We have 1-2 good sorted topics and then converted topics are not sorted.
In DB all seems ok, all times are in unix format. I can't understand where the problem is.

[Unknown]

This is the general order it expects:

SELECT
   ft.TOPIC_ID AS ID_TOPIC, T_SUBJECT AS subject,
   UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ft.T_DATE) AS TposterTime,
   UNIX_TIMESTAMP(fr.R_DATE) AS RposterTime
FROM FORUM_REPLY AS fr
ORDER BY fr.TOPIC_ID, fr.REPLY_ID;

What is phpMyAdmin?

If that doesn't look right, does this look better?

SELECT
   ft.TOPIC_ID AS ID_TOPIC, T_SUBJECT AS subject,
   UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ft.T_DATE) AS TposterTime,
   UNIX_TIMESTAMP(fr.R_DATE) AS RposterTime
FROM FORUM_REPLY AS fr
ORDER BY ft.T_DATE, fr.R_DATE;

-[Unknown]

kodbg

fff, big confusion.
This is the same :(

In converted topics the order is not by last message ID.
Seems, converted topics are sorted by topic date = first message ID for the topic

[Unknown]

Strange, it seems so.

Would it be possible to give me temporary phpMyAdmin access to debug the issue (by pm, please.)

-[Unknown]

NoRad

I recall having a similar problem my first time around. I ran the admin repair and it sorted them all properly.

[Unknown]

Please try the attached.

-[Unknown]

castle900

BUT, when I try to login now, I get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mhash() in /Sources/LogInOut.php on line 292

Sorry, I neglected to mention: the change requires PHP to be compiled with mhash support, such that it can check the password the way Snitz would have.  Do you think you could convince your host to change PHP to do so?

If you have cPanel, this will be *very* easy for them to do (a checkbox and a click of a button.)

-[Unknown]

If this is not an option how can it be fixed? I am having the same problem. I am unable to log into my forums. Anyway I can fix it without having to start over from scratch?

[Unknown]

You'll have to use the "forgot password" feature.

-[Unknown]

castle900

Well, once package is installed you can't even get to log in at all. even if you use the lost password feature. I was hoping there was a way to "easily" undo the package install. I just reinstalled the forums and it works now  :D  Fresh install, I won't be adding the LogInOut package again. Guess they will all just have to get a new password

NoRad

psstt don't forget that if you're using 1.1 beta x that the mhash package no longer installs properly =/

[Unknown]

Quote from: Radianation on August 19, 2005, 12:28:39 AM
psstt don't forget that if you're using 1.1 beta x that the mhash package no longer installs properly =/

(plus you don't need it either.)

-[Unknown]

NoRad

Advertisement: