News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Annoy Mod

Started by Venom637, November 07, 2009, 04:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venom637

I recently downloaded the Annoy mod. Uploaded it via ftp onto the forum.. however I don't see it on the profiles, in the mod area, or anywhere else on the forum. I was wondering if somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get it to appear.

Arantor

Did you install it through the package manager?

Venom637

No, I downloaded it to my computer, and then uploaded it that way.. I just can't find it.. it doesn't even show up on the list of packages I have.

Kindred

you have to upload and install using the package manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Venom637

Tried.. for whatever reason, it doesn't appear on it. Is it possible to go to download packages, and install it via the url?

Antechinus

When you uploaded it did you upload the zip or did you extract the files and upload those?

Venom637

I unzipped it and uploaded those.

Antechinus

That would be your problem then.

Venom637

So what do I need to do? upload it without extracting it?

Antechinus

Venom637

all of that and I get  Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Is it a good idea for me to go ahead and install it anyways? or would I be better off abandoning it? (Sorry, my other admin normally does this stuff.. but he's now inactive)

Antechinus

That usually means that another mod you already have is creating a conflict with the one you want to install, as the code the latest mod is looking for has already been edited. If you look at the list of files it will tell you which files are failing the test. Those files will need to be edited manually. All the others that pass will be edited by the mod package.

You should not go ahead until you have checked the parser (on the download page for the mod) to see which edits are required for the failed files and you have figured out how to do them on your already modified files. Proceeding without having this sorted is likely to land you in trouble.

Venom637

This is what's failing:
   Execute Modification     ./Sources/Load.php     Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      4.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      5.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php

Sadly, I don't have any coding skills.. that's what my other admin did until he simply vanished.

Antechinus

That is telling you that the first and fifth edits in Load.php are failing. So find the download page for that mod and link us to it so we don't need to go hunting. :)

Venom637

Quote from: Antechinus on November 07, 2009, 06:10:39 PM
That is telling you that the first and fifth edits in Load.php are failing. So find the download page for that mod and link us to it so we don't need to go hunting. :)
I don't know where it is.. I've been trying to locate it myself but had no luck.. I know it's in a post in the feature Request section..  Arantor made it I believe.

Kill Em All

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2232

I'm not sure where Antechinus is going with this, my guess would be manually installing the mod, but there is the mod I believe he is using. If it is manually installing the mod, look at Manual Installation of Mods

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Venom637

yeah that's the mod... I'm trying to figure out which files to edit.. almost all of them are .xml

Kill Em All

What exactly do you want to do? If you want to manually install the mod, go to that mod's page(the link I gave you), then on the right click parse, and you will see all the edits you have to make to your forum files.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Arantor

The errors you're getting are conflicts with other mods.

Long story short, you will have to follow the instructions here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=2232;attach=121827;smf_version=2.0_RC1.2 in order to install the mod yourself.

Antechinus

Specifically, the edits to Load.php will have to be done manually but the rest can be done with the package manager.

Venom637, you do not edit the xml files in the mod package. Leave the mod itself alone. Just upload the unedited zip.

If you attach a copy of your current Load.php someone can do the edits to that file for you. To install the mod you will need to run the installation using the package manager and then ftp the edited Load.php file into place. 

Advertisement: